1.2 & 1.2tl

raptor1015
raptor1015 Posts: 2
edited December 2002 in Speakers
hello, does anyone know the exact difference between the
1.2 and 1.2TL's ? I was told the only difference is the tweeters
.....could someone please specifically advise....thank you very much.....I have a pair of 2.3TL and a pair of 1.2 (not TL).
I'm going to do a comparison to my 4 - Mirage M3SI's....
Post edited by raptor1015 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    edited December 2002
    Welcome!

The TL version uses the SL3000 tweeter and has a upgraded crossover. Non-TL uses the SL2000 tweeter. The two tweets have a different sonic signature and some feel the SL2000 is a little bright. Let us know what you think. It seems that some folks have upgraded from the SL2000's to SL3000's, but without changing the crossover this is pointless. Do you have the interconnect cable that runs between the left and right speaker? Read the manual for the proper set up, ie. do not toe in and DO NOT use mono blocks without the AI-1 interface cable. The 1.2 and 2.3TL that you have are great speakers, enjoy!

F1nut

BTW, if you have any SL3000's that you want to sell, please let me know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mcowan
    mcowan Posts: 21
    edited December 2002
    Those 1.2's are my old very loved and very missed box's. WAH WAH!!! How are they? Do they miss me? LOL take care.

-Mark-:mad:
  • soupbone
    soupbone Posts: 104
    edited December 2002
    Besides the tweeter and crossover upgrade each speaker has an extra internal brace located just above the passive radiator. It is said to increase and firm up the bass response. Tom
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Tom,

Was that brace added in the 1.2TL only or was that added to the 2.3TL also? Do you know what the brace is made from?

Cheers,
    Jesse

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• soupbone
    soupbone Posts: 104
    edited December 2002
    I'm not sure on the 2.3 tl. The brace is just made of wood and could be installed by the owner. Tom
  • F1nut
    edited December 2002
    Tom,

Ok, I'll check inside, thanks.

Jesse

President of Club Polk