RTs Low Quality or what??

Options
Lsi9
Lsi9 Posts: 616
edited December 2002 in Speakers
I went from the original Ls 50's to the RT 20's and was extremely dissapointed...My subs stopped working years ago and now my left midrange is going...Did Polk Audio skimp out on quality with RT line?...I think so because the LS series looked like they had so much time, research & money put into to the development of them.

Audio Physic Scorpio II
Pathos Logos
MIT Shotgun S3
Bada HD-22 CDP
Post edited by Lsi9 on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2002
    Options
    my first question would be, why did you go from the LS50's to the RT's in the first place?

my second question would be, why did you not have the RT's repaired? I would imagine using broken speakers, I'm sure they sounded like crap. If you bought them new, surely they would have been under warranty.

My observation of the RT line is that for what they cost, they are damn good. If you do have a problem, Polk customer service is second to none in getting you squared away. As far as build quality, you would be hard pressed to find a better built speaker at the same price.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Low quality???NO I wouldn't say all that.Ls of the past where awesome sounding speakers.A friend of mine owns the ls90's,they are real nice sounding.

I'll have to agree with Troy(It pains me 2 do so)get em fixed and let em rip.The rt20p's I used to like,they where new,big and powered.Back in the day it was cool to plug your speakers into the wall,kinda manly.........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited November 2002
    Options
    comparing the LS 90's to the Lsi9's...which do you like better?

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2002
    Options
    apples and oranges

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    They do sound completely different.
    If your asking which one I like better?Lsi all the way.
    I feel they dominate the older ls series.And I feel they dominate the rest of the Polk speakers to date.Polk has been making great sounding speakers for a long time,the new lsi series are in my opnion,the best of the best.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.