Boston VR940

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited November 2002 in Speakers
Any thoughts, anyone use these?

I was thumbing through the adverts for tomorrow, and Tweeter has them on sale for $250 a pair, half off if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/ProductsPage.asp?ProductID=11&SpecID=1&SeriesID=16

I'm not much for the 'sock' grilles, but the price alone has sparked MUCHO curiosity. I've got some B&W 303's for mains in the HT right now, but really want to move to floorstanders. The xover points and tweeter seem very similar to the B&W center, which I'd like to keep.

We inherited my sister-in-laws dogs for the next 6 months, one is 41 lbs, one is 104 lbs and swings its tail like a freakin dinosaur. I've been getting real tense about seeing one hit the floor recently.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2002
    Dude,
    there nice speakers for that price.Boston acoustic like any other speaker is a personal adventure.The "SOCK" isn't bad,it looks nice and all.
    Matching your B&W center it will not.Better off going B&W mains my main.Which center do you have???I'll asume it's DM...so going DM series would be a logical choice for flor standing.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    Of course unless you want to SIDESTEP the SOCK.......LOL
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2002
    I have the LCR3 and DM303 for the front stage. I'll give the Bostons a listen.

You have the inside track, are these closeouts? Will we see another markdown like this towards xmas?

Man, I've got a gear-hard-on, and no REAL cash at present. Life is suck.

-R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited November 2002
    I'd like to hear them. The oval woofer has me wondering but I have seen other manufacturers use them occasionally. I haven't heard them yet, but at the price they look pretty sweet.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    Russ,
    basically why you see Tweeter do a killer sale like this is of the following reasons.
    We got a ton of them in and the given comapny gave us one hell of a deal on the shipment,we pass along the saving's to our customers.
    Also they could be going Disco.I can check on that if you really want to know.I believe they are as they have been out for a long time now.Boston might have some new models coming.
    Dan