Anyone mix the RM center/sats with Rti seperates?

spyderman
spyderman Posts: 678
edited November 2002 in Speakers
I'm thinking about changing my setup. I want to go to the Rti70 as my fronts and was thinking about the RM6600 series center and a couple of RM6600 sats for the surround speakers.

Anyone out there doing it, or something simular, today?

Thanks,

Spyder

ps, I'm now zipping up my flame retardant suit...
RTi70 Fronts
CSi40 Center
RTi38 Rear
PSW650 Sub
Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

Post edited by spyderman on

Comments

• botany
    botany Posts: 68
    edited November 2002
    Hello Spyderman, I will be installing almost the same system this weekend. I have RM7600 + RTi70's (for the fronts) using the 7600 speakers for surrounds and rear. I have the 650 and the 202 subwoofers also. This is all being connected to a Harman Kardon AVR520 and Harman Kardon PA4000 Amp. I had checked to see about the center speaker; and Polk listed the CSi40 or the CSi30 to be used with the RTi70 speakers. The 7600 looks like it has the CSi30 center, I could be wrong on this. I would check the specifications on the RM6600 so that you have the same voice matched center and spekers to work with the RM6600.
    Voice matched refers to speakers with a similar timbre or tonal quality. Voice matched speakers will result in more seamless, consistent, and convincing wraparound sound in your home theater.

I hope this help some, I am still learning also,

Botany
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2002
    What you might consider is using the 70's for stereo and the 6600 for surround. I just don't think that they would sound good together. Kinda like if you were to use one 70 and one 6600 sat for stereo - it wouldn't make sense. ;)
  • spyderman
    edited November 2002
    Hi Botany,

I LOVE the RM7600 line. No, let me clarify that statement, I REALLY love the RM7600 series. The RM7600 center and sats are so sleek and sexy, they are exactly what I want. That being said, it's probably the closest match to the Rti series. If I had the budget I do exactly what you are doing, unfortunately I can't afford both. Maybe someday...

I'm returning my RT55's, PSW650, and my Csi40 and upgrading to the Rti70's and a PSW303. It just breaks my heart to let go of the 650. After watching "We Were Soldiers" the 650 made me feel like I was hiding behind a tree on the battle field. The 303 sounds very nice and a bit crisper... It's probably more than I'll need. How do you like the 202? I was quite disappointed when I heard it. Crutchfield will give you the $200 credit towards another sub or component...

The Csi40 is just too big for my HT setup. IMO, it's basically an Rt55 on it's side... It's just overkill. The sound is spectacular though. Plus, my Rt55's are the older model with a different tweeter... Give me the sleek black lacquer RM7600 center any day!!!

So, have you finished setting up the Rti70/RM7600 combo? How does it sound? Can I come over? I'll bring the popcorn and beer...

Best,
    Spyder
    RTi70 Fronts
    CSi40 Center
    RTi38 Rear
    PSW650 Sub
    Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

• spyderman
    edited November 2002
    Hi fireshoes,

Your Hawkeyes should go to the Rose Bowl this year. They've looked great all year! They deserve it...

Good luck,
    Spyder
    RTi70 Fronts
    CSi40 Center
    RTi38 Rear
    PSW650 Sub
    Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

• botany
    botany Posts: 68
    edited November 2002
    Hello Spyderman, I was looking around and thought of an idea. I don't know what you paid for your RM6600, but I went on ebay and there is a guy selling RM7600 for $1200. It comes with the PSW650 sub. I sent an email and he backs the warranty of the speakers were polk won't. This just an idea if you wanted to move up to the RM7600. Or you can get the RTi70's wait and then add on to your system.
    As for me I can't wait to get this system up and going This weekend. Its all stacked in boxes like its Christmas, in away it is a christmas gift for the whole family (an expasses christmas gift).

Botany
  • fireshoes
    edited November 2002
    I can't wait for the Rose Bowl. I think they are pretty much a lock for it, unless some of the higher ranked teams screw up and the Hawks move up somehow. Did you see them tear the goal posts down in Minnesota? That was awesome! I'm crossing my fingers on the Heisman trophy too. Brad Banks leads the nation in pass efficiency. I know a lot of people haven't seen him, but all he does is make plays. I can't believe the people saying Dorsey should get it. I know he's won a lot of games in a row, but have they watched him play? He's very overrated, IMO. The award is for best player, not most wins. We'll see I guess.
  • spyderman
    edited November 2002
    It should be a lock and I hope it is, but the BCS rankings are never a given. It could be interesting if Ohio beats Michigan tomorrow, they'll be co-champs with the Hawks... But that's a big IF...

They media never gave Iowa the credit they deserved from the beginning of the season. They're treating Banks the same way. He's a money player for sure. He'll do well in the Pros.. I think Banks is better than Dorsey, but Miami is No 1... It's like the MVP in Baseball, the best player rarely ever wins the vote if he's on a team that doesn't make the playoffs/Worldseries.

It's unfortunate, but Iowa just doesn't get the same media attention as say Miami, or ND, or Ohio, or Michigan.
    RTi70 Fronts
    CSi40 Center
    RTi38 Rear
    PSW650 Sub
    Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

• spyderman
    edited November 2002
    Botany,

Please post a review after you finish setting up your system. I'd really love to know how they sound together.

Many thanks,
    Spyder
    RTi70 Fronts
    CSi40 Center
    RTi38 Rear
    PSW650 Sub
    Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

• fireshoes
    edited November 2002
    I would love to see Washington State move up in the BCS, so an at-large team would be in the Rose Bowl, like say Notre Dame! Iowa would just obliterate them!