Newwwwww joooobbbbbbbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Just got a call from a local snack food manufacturer (Wise Snacks), offering me a PC technician job for their main offices here in Berwick, PA. I had interviewed back in the beginning of October, but they had some budget stuff going on and weren't sure that the position was approved.

I'm excited, as I've had a hell of a time getting back into the technology sector. Nobody seems interested in hiring somebody that doesn't have a college degree (even though I've been working with computers for pretty much my entire memorable life).

Anyway, I'm psyched. I can get out of the carpet mill and get on to bigger and better things! The salary is low for the job title, but better than what I'm getting at the mill, and it's a much nicer work environment (though, more stressful). Plus, I'll be back on a 9am-5pm schedule, instead of my current 11pm-7am.
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Sounds great. Work hard and it will lead to even better things.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats with the new job i'm sure it will work out good for you.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats. Any chance you can get me discounts on Wise "All Natural" heavily salted potato chips? They ARE the industry standard.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats, Nadams!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Wise move.;)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nadams
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats. Any chance you can get me discounts on Wise "All Natural" heavily salted potato chips? They ARE the industry standard.

;)

I think I'll work for them a bit first. We do get employee discounts by the case, though. All the manufacturing is done on-site in Berwick, too. I hear the smell can drive you crazy on the days they're making popcorn....
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Good deal. It's always nice to get off the graveyard shift.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    Plus, I'll be back on a 9am-5pm schedule, instead of my current 11pm-7am.

Congrats man, good luck and am happy for you with the 9 to 5. If you are not far from the Moorstown NJ area look into the opportunites there. There seems to be a shortage of good experienced PC techs. Since when did they get so picky about college grads. I was in IT 30 years (executive management 15 of those years) and Computer Science majors out of college were the last people on our hiring lists. We were looking for experience, especially with older technologies. Hospitals and institutions of that nature can't afford to keep up with the technology waves so they need techs who are familiar with old as well as new technology.

Joe
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats and good luck on your new job!
    Carl

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats on the new job! PC Techs are hard to come by down here, but maybe that's because the pay sucks.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Everyone is getting the idea that you will be working on computers........come clean, PC technician is actually the glorified name for a Potato Chip Maker.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nadams
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Everyone is getting the idea that you will be working on computers........come clean, PC technician is actually the glorified name for a Potato Chip Maker.

Damnit! You caught me! Potato Chip Technician is the actual job title :(

:p
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of IT. Have fun on helpdesk!

Remember, when someone calls saying their account is locked out, give that shocked "OH MY GAWD, HR didn't tell you?" response.

Oh yeah, PF 2007, you're supplying the chips, pretzels and popcorn! I would ask you to send me some goodies, but my **** is dieting and back to the gym.

Congrats!

John
    No excuses!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    Options
    very nice. Noah, congrats!

do you get all the snacks you can eat every day? that would be my dream job. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    Damnit! You caught me! Potato Chip Technician is the actual job title :(

:p

WOW are you the guy who takes all the dark brown chips and puts them in every bag I buy???:D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2006
    Options
    The White Cheddar Popcorn.....major drool!

Hook me up dude! :D
    No excuses!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats!:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats. All the best.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Do you know what's nice about the polk forums? There's never some **** saying "I hope you get effed".

Congrats!
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Life's a whole lot better when you like going to work. I did a stint at Frito Lay a few years back. In all the conference rooms, you guessed it, chips galore!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Awesome, and congrats!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.