FS: PS Audio UPC-200 and Monarchy passive pre

Options
zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited November 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Well...

amassing funds for a new purchase and thought I might throw a couple things up for sale.

First off... the PS Audio UPC-200. Currently on backorder and flying off the 'Gon, I thought I would give you guys first crack at this unit. Offers protection and power conditioning to your electronics without limiting current. Reduces noise-floor and improves both imaging and soundstage. Dual zone to isolate components, though both zones can be combined to offer an "ultra" high-current option for those of you who possess manly, man-man amps.

http://www.psaudio.com/products/upc200.asp

Unit is near-mint with nary a blemish or scratch.
MSRP: $499

$OLD shipped to jrlouie to the lower 48.

Second off... nothing special. Just Monarchy Audio's passive pre "box". This is about as "bare bones" as you get, but if you're looking to explore the "passive" option on the cheap, here's your chance.

Direct from C.C. Poon:
"The only "Passive Preamp" we offer now is just a simple Metal Box with
one pair of RCA input and one pair of outputs.The volume control is audiophile grade ALPS.The RCA terminals are all gold plated.The metal box is non-metallic generic(not printed with the Monarchy Audio logo*). The knob is solid stainless steel."
*It should be noted that the Monarchy Audio badge is still on the front.

You'll find pics below. Definitely a case of function over form, esp in regard to the "writing" on top of the box

I paid $59 to have it shipped to my door.
You can pay $OLD to have it shipped to dipiazza (lower 48, of course).

Paypal please add 3%.

Jason
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• jrlouie
    jrlouie Posts: 462
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Interested in the UPC-200. PM on its way.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Great deal on that UPC-200. In my system, it made a big difference. Worth every penny.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Early B. wrote:
    Great deal on that UPC-200. In my system, it made a big difference. Worth every penny.

It will be back in my rig before you know it. Just having to play a little musical chairs with my set-up:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Damn, I guess I am a little late.......I hate work! Early I must have missed your review as I was really looking forward to it. I will search now.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • dipiazza
    dipiazza Posts: 363
    edited November 2006
    Options
    If you dont mind, could you explain how a passive pre works? In particular that one. Thanks!

-Jake
    Terps Swimming!
    HT Setup
    TV: Vizio VX32L
    Reciever: Pioneer VSX-D914
    HD-DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A2
    Fronts: Polk R50s
    Surounds: Polk R30s
    Center: Polk R20's
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39PCi

2CH Setup
    Integrated: Onix SP3 Tube
    CD Player: Sony CDP-CX355
    Speakers: Onix Strata Mini in PR Finish
    Signal Cable: Classic Speaker, Analog 1 IC

Headphones
    Grado SR 60, Bang & Olufsen A8, Shure e3

Other Stuff in Use
    Onix xls, Dual Onix x-subs, Onix Ref .5, Dahlquist M903, Teac A-1D, Marantz 1060
  • surfntomm
    surfntomm Posts: 185
    edited November 2006
    Options
    im not familiar with that pre at all... would it be well suited for a computer rig with lsi7's a samson servo 550 amp?
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Options
    dipiazza wrote:
    If you dont mind, could you explain how a passive pre works? In particular that one. Thanks!

-Jake

Very simple... one set of inputs for the source. One set of outputs for the amp. What comes in, goes out. Nothing to plug in. Essentially, the passive pre serves two functions --

1) control the volume
    2) not alter the signal

Some would argue that the best "pre" is no "pre" at all, in which case, a passive best fits the bill.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Options
    PS Audio UPC-200 $old to jrlouie:)

passive pre still available....
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Zombie, I'll take that passive if dipiazza and surfntomm decide they don't want it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Options
    HTrookie wrote:
    Zombie, I'll take that passive if dipiazza and surfntomm decide they don't want it.

Roger dat, Ht....

I've sent PM's to both of 'em.
  • dipiazza
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Replied to PM.
    Terps Swimming!
    HT Setup

2CH Setup

Headphones

Other Stuff in Use
    Onix xls, Dual Onix x-subs, Onix Ref .5, Dahlquist M903, Teac A-1D, Marantz 1060
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Passive pre sold to dipiazza:)

Thanks guys... I'll ship both units this afternoon.

HT is Capn' Ettiquite in the Flea Market, as far as I'm concerned... good on him.
  • dipiazza
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Passive pre sold to dipiazza:)

Thanks guys... I'll ship both units this afternoon.

HT is Capn' Ettiquite in the Flea Market, as far as I'm concerned... good on him.

Agreed! Thanks for being cool about that, since i didnt directly express interest.

-Jake
    Terps Swimming!
    HT Setup

2CH Setup

Headphones

Other Stuff in Use
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    Options
    A question for me denotes interest.....so just following the (hidden) rules. :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman