RTA 15TL DFW Area - No Affiliation

Options
cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited November 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
These caught my eye on eBay but they were local pick-up only. Might be a nice grab for any locals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-RTA-15TL-Real-Time-Array-Tower-Speakers-P-U_W0QQitemZ300040837121QQihZ020QQcategoryZ71571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by cmy330go on

Comments

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up, I'm local and will track these to see if I can steal them.

Anyone have any info on or experience with these? What is a good / very good price? I don't need them but wouldn't mind trying, if the price is right.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Speak up if you want them, because I planned on hitting them hard on the last day.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Go ahead, hit the $hit out of them. . . just have me over to hear what they sound like when you get them so I know what I'd be missing out on.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Speak up if you want them, because I planned on hitting them hard on the last day.
    That's ok, I'll just pick them up at your place then... :)

Then again, I think I have reached my limit on the # of speakers I have in the house. :p
  • AndyGwis
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I have an 800 sq foot apartment and about 11 speakers in active use (3 2-channel, 1 5.1 channel). . . so I'm pretty much out of useable space as well :)
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2006
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote:
    I have an 800 sq foot apartment and about 11 speakers in active use (3 2-channel, 1 5.1 channel). . . so I'm pretty much out of useable space as well :)
    Haha, that's a lot of speaker space. I have 2900sg.ft. and about the same amount of setups. I think my next buy is going big (in terms of size) and wait for a pair of SDA SRS 1.2's emerge somewhere in Texas or Oklahoma.

Sorry for the OT. Russ, go ahead on these, I will not be bidding.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited October 2006
    Options
    RTA line just doesn't get the respect they deserve. My 11's are still playing like the day I bought them. True D'Apolitto array and the bass with the PR's is really really good; exceptional I'd say. The only weakness is the sl2000 tweet, but that's not the RTA's fault. These things image so well when you are in the sweet spot and the mid-range is excellent. They are a large speaker and most want a smaller foot print.

Go get 'em RuSs.......with your experience I'd like to hear what you honestly think about these 20 years old gems.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I've had a pair before, I just need something will grilles (and still something BIG) in the back living room. I've had two 'accidents' with the tweeters in the line arrays, and cheeto incrusted fingers.

The boy knows better, it's his friends I have to watch. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • cmy330go
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Did you end up with these Russ?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    No, I forgot about them and missed it by about an hour.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited November 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:

Hey RuSs I'm going to be putting my RTA-11T's in the FM in a couple days. I am the original owner and they are mint. Not a scratch, scrape, nick or ding as well as the grills are perfect no tears, scuffs or snags. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case you might be interested. I have the original boxes but not sure of their condition (old and brittle probably)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cmy330go
    edited November 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:

That's too bad. I did the same thing recently on a vintage Marantz that was selling locally. Darn thing ended up going for a $1.99.:mad:
    HT

2 CH