rt800i for center channel?

Options
warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited October 2001 in Technical/Setup
Hello again. I am currently running a CS400 center with my RTA15's, RTA11's and RTA8's. I purchased a rt800i from CC for $149, the bottom base/stand was broken off. Do you think this would be a better center than the 400? I have a 55 inch Toshiba so the size isn't a problem. I would like to set all my speakers to large and figure this would go lower than the 400. Thanks, Jeff
Post edited by warlocks1 on

Comments

• warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Just a follow up to anyone that cares. I took back the RT800 and decided to keep the CS400. There was better bass with the 800, but the vocals were no where near as clear and detailed, nor was the imaging as good. I was really amazed at the difference in sound. I had my wife and kids (8&6) compare the speakers in a side by side comparison and we all agreed that the 400 sounded MUCH better. I guess center speakers are not built the same as tower speakers. To all the people thinking about getting RT55's for front and center I would reccomend comparing the 400 before you purchase. Thanks, Jeff
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited October 2001
    Options
    jeff-

interesting question...surprized nobody had an opinion. with the grill covers off they look very similar, interesting that there is that much difference in the sound.

-luc
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Actualy...since I just picked up a set of RT55i's...I was surprised at how much larger the 55's were than the 400i. I had never put them very close and thought they were just about the same size. One thing for sure...the 55i's are 91db and the cs400i is 90db... wich could add a bit to the center... not sure I'd want to do that myslef... intersting though...
    :cool: