Bodybuilding and Fitness show photography

Options
Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
I went to the Maryland Bodybuilding and Fitness show yesterday and took the camera gear. It's always inspiring (atleast to me) to check out these kinds of shows. Made me feel guilty about being a lazy slug for the last several months.

The guy in the first set of photos (with the glasses) won it all. Freakishly lean and ripped!

The women looked great for the most part. They did have their share of dogs, but overall it was nice to see some disciplined chickies do their thing. The girl with the long straight black hair rocked! What a body! May not do it for alot of you guys, but i'm all about that body she had!

http://strongdigitalart.smugmug.com/gallery/2092877

Enjoy!

p.s.

Working on more PF 2006 photos also.

John
No excuses!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Very cool!

Ive always been more of a weightlifter than a bodybuilder but I am still a huge fan of bodybuilding. Ive been lifting for 16 years but have never been to a competition. I should go to one someday. I hear the Arnold Classic is pretty inexpensive to get into.

I think the 2nd dude, with the black trunks looked best. More mass but ripped to shreds! The striations on the side chest pose are awesome!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Good pictures, but them folks are gross looking.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Demiurge wrote:
    Good pictures, but them folks are gross looking.

I don't know, Demi. Speaking strictly of the female bb'ers, to steal a phrase of one of our other posters:

banana_hitit.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2006
    Options
    LMAO!

Damn right I'd hit some of those chickies. The ones I have posted right now were the fitness competitors. They were not way over-developed like alot of the female bodybuiulders you see.

I'm all about a sweet fitness chickie!

Where is Univera, our resident personal trainer?
    No excuses!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2006
    Options
    May not do it for alot of you guys, but i'm all about that body she had!
    Put me in that camp. Give me a petite, feminine looking women any day over that manly-woman look.

But, yes, I'd hit a couple of those once.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Ripped women ain't sexy, IMO. I prefer them with a thin layer of fat all around, with a couple of extra fatty deposits where it counts most.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2006
    Options
    They're only like that for 4-6 weeks leading up to contest time. After that, they're so damn hungry they pig out and return to normal. Like I said, the girls on my site are the fitness competitors, not actual bodybuilders. They have nice muscle size, but are not all grossed out.

Several of them at the show...I'd hit again and again and again....i dig a nice fit chickie!
    No excuses!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2006
    Options
    By hit them, whatever do you guys mean? :p;)

Damn female abusers. :mad:
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote:
    They're only like that for 4-6 weeks leading up to contest time. After that, they're so damn hungry they pig out and return to normal. Like I said, the girls on my site are the fitness competitors, not actual bodybuilders. They have nice muscle size, but are not all grossed out.

Oh, OK.

I'd like to see some before/after shots.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Early B. wrote:
    Oh, OK.

I'd like to see some before/after shots.

Yeah, and I'd like to take them. Maybe if they contact me about getting some of their photos from the contest, i'll ask if they want to do some photos. What the hell, might as well!
    No excuses!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    edited November 2006
    Options
    "Roids anyone???
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Nice pics. Fitness chicks rule. The only thing I don't like about them is sometimes their faces get "hard" looking because they are so lean. I don't mind a little baby fat on some girls, but these women in person are usually pretty fine. What's not to like? Most have artifical additions to enhance their look and make up for small, natural ones from being so lean. They aren't always that super lean and actually look better with a higher body fat.

Body building women are not my thing. Too much muscle and many are juiced up.

I actually did a natural contest in '97 and was super lean. It's fun to do once, but it is very obsessive and there is no true reward. It can really mess up your head. I don't want to obsess over my body to that extent.

Being that lean is not really healthy. It nearly always involves bouts of water restriction and carbohydrate restriction to lean out. Most of the guys take diuretics which results in a very dehydrated state. Unless a contest is drug tested or stated as being "natural," most guys are taking something illegal. Even some of the fitness competitors take a drug that speeds up the metabolism to lean out. Sometimes when they loose the fat in their face it doesn't return.

There have been many documented cases of guys getting muscle implants. That is crazy. I've been to the Olympia and as big as those guys look in a magazine, until you see them up close, you can't really appreciate the mass. Most pros make very little money or have alot of money due to the fact they literally spend thousands of dollars on steroids. They have to in order to hang with the other guys. Human growth hormone is a big one, as well as taking insulin, which is very dangerous and can induce coma. Many of the steroids convert to estrogen in the body and result in feminizing characteristics such as "**** ****" which you can see when you look in the mags at the store. Guys also shoot a drug called "esiclene" into muscles before a contest which causes the muscle to swell to unnatural proportions.

The whole 'roid rage thing, IMO, is not real. I have been around plenty of guys juicing, and if anything, it just made them cockier since they were stronger and bigger, but not really meaner or "raging." It's just a mental impetus for guys already prone to go off to become even cockier.

No one should doubt the widescale use of steroids in bodybuilding of all levels. I have been around several guys competing at the National level and all were taking juice year round. There is no other way to make it bigtime. While I enjoy the freakish propotions and development, bodybuilding should never be considered a sport. The competion involves genetics and luck of the draw in terms of proportion and ability to build muscle. The rest in hard work for sure. Just a little info for those who are interested...
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Options
    What I hate about the fitness chicks is when they start doing roids and not only do they get horse faced but their voice drops. We've got 2 chicks in my gym that have done fitness stuff and roids and when theyre standing together talking you cant tell which is which. Yuck.

Ive been into weightlifting half my life but I have never found ripped chicks sexy. Chicks shouldnt have abs. Thats just a little too manly for my taste. But what ever turns ya on.

I agree that roid rage is more of an urban legend as well.

As for roid use, Id say 100% of bodybuilding competitors are using it. The signs are always easy to spot. Huge **** neck, bloated belly, canonball shoulders, zits.

Its a shame too. You read the magazines nowadays and these pro's workouts are a freaking joke. If I worked out like they did Id way 150 pounds. But when youve got chemicals doing 90% of the work for you and EVERYTHING you do in the gym works because of it, it cheapens it.

Schwarzenegger and his ilk had juice but all they had was Dbol which is like comparing a T model to a fully loaded 2007 BMW 7 series. Those guys worked their asses off! 6 day, double split routines and hitting each bodypart 3 times a week! Insane! But they also looked the best.

Here is a comparison of the Arnold era bodybuilders as compared to the bloated chemical bags of today.

Here is Arnold. King of his era. He's freaking huge but he still looks like a man. Not bloated or deformed but a work of art.

64.jpg22.jpg

Here is Ronnie Coleman who is the current man on top and is touted as the greated bodybuilder ever. Yeah he's 5'10" and 300 pounds at 2% bodyfat but he looks so bloated and artificial.

143-4333_IMG.jpg236.jpg
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2006
    Options
    It's absolutely nuts the amount of stuff guys and gals take these days. Yeah, Arnold had D-Bol and I believe some basic testosterone, but thats about it. Look at the whole Balco scandal. They were a lab on the cutting edge of chemical assistance. The guys today are like lab rats testing whatever these chemists can brew up.

There were a few female bodybuilders in the audience Saturday. I looked at a couple and wondered if they could still be considered part of the human species. Was freaking crazy!

I still dig a sweet fitness chickie though! The blonde on page 2 of my site in the green bikini (last photo) was a hottie. Not too hard and had it going on!
    No excuses!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2006
    Options
    "Roids anyone???

No, the applications of Preparation H seem to be doing the trick. But thanks for asking ..... I think.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Sorry, but in my book, that is straight up disgusting.:eek:
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,