My adventure in getting S.W.Ep.2

Options
ChrisDurano
ChrisDurano Posts: 372
edited November 2002 in Music & Movies
Wow....what a day! Got to ToysRus @9:30 thinking I wouldn't be waitn' too long to get the movie, and the parking lot was completely full and the line went to the back of the store. So I drove over to Circuit City and they weren't open till 10. So, I went back to ToysRus and finally found a parking spot. Inside was another story; the store was jam-packed w/ people (reminded me of the Schwarzenneger movie "Jingle All The Way"). I waited twenty minutes in there just to get the fullscreen version. :mad: Finally, I went back to Circuit City and got my widescreen version:) I was the last customer to have the $9.99 honored...WOOHOO! Good luck to everyone trying to get it at such an unbelievable price.
Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
Post edited by ChrisDurano on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Dang, they sold this DVD below cost, It costs them (dealer )$15.99 and they took a loss of $6 for each copy they sold. I paid $15.99 at BB but get a free SW calendar so I'm not complaint. Your guy are so lucky but I guess for what you've been through, you earned every penny that you save. Congratulations...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I walked into Best Buy, picked up my WS copy along with LotR:EE, walked up to the service counter, waited 30 seconds for the person in front of me, the lady at the counter price matched TRU for $9.99 (All I said was TRU?). Out the door in less than 5 minutes. Plus I got my 4,400 Zoner points.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I have the only advice : just follows the leader (Ron), he's the man...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Walked into TRU at 10:00...no line....picked up a WS copy next to the door...had a sign "LIMIT 5 PER CUSTOMER" (they had plenty)...out in less than 10 min.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • audionutt
    audionutt Posts: 97
    edited November 2002
    Options
    what is the rush? i think i will pick it up this weekend, and then might not watch it till next weekend. just too busy during the week.
    joe
  • tpeter
    tpeter Posts: 65
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I work at Circuit City and we will have the 9.99 price all week regardeless if toys R us has it in stock. We probably sold 100 copies today easy.

That price is for the buffalo NY store
    Polk LSi 15
    Polk LSi/C
    Polk LSi/FX
    SVS Ultra
    SVS PB3000
    Monolith 15 THX
    Denon 3700h "switching to Onkyo rz50"
    Monolith 7 AMP.
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited November 2002
    Options
    some walmarts have em for 9.97 :)
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I called Toys R Us just before leaving work last Friday and they had two copies of the $9.99 special of SW:AotC left. The nice lady agree to hold one for me. Circuit City is literally next door to TRU and they were not price matching.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    I walked into Best Buy, picked up my WS copy along with LotR:EE, walked up to the service counter, waited 30 seconds for the person in front of me, the lady at the counter price matched TRU for $9.99 (All I said was TRU?). Out the door in less than 5 minutes. Plus I got my 4,400 Zoner points.

30 second wait at Best Buy? i find that hard to beleive..its never that quick in a Best Buy line even on an off day/hour
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Like I said, there was only 1 person in front of me who was just about finished up. I most always go to the service counter to make my purchases, line is shorter.

Besides, when tomorrow rolls around I'll be picking up Reign of Fire and Shania Twains: Up. Best Buy will need to price match CC's price on both.

If...
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P

Besides, when tomorrow rolls around I'll be picking up Reign of Fire . Best Buy will need to price match CC's price on both.

Picked up a copy today, BB matched CC price at $15.99.
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Yep, same here. Got my Reign of Fire for $15.99 and Shania Twain's Up for $9.99. Also got my 3,600 Zoner points for the purchase.

If...
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    Options
    hey Ron, what are the zoner points, are they kind as the same as hilton honors points I get on my american express card?
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2002
    Options
    No my friend, click HERE .

If you are a BB frequent shopper, you need the Zoner card. In short..

~It costs $9.99
    ~Upon purchase you get 5,000 points and a 10% off coupon by mail.

~You get 500 points for every purchase and 100 points for every dollar spent.

~Once you hit 12,500 points, you get a $5.00 gift card.

~The card is good for 1 year with no limit.

I signed up two weeks ago and with the 5,000 bonus, I hit 13,000 points today. I now have the 10% coupon and the $5 gift card.

It's a no brainer if you shop a lot at BB, which I do. Their service may suck, but their prices are very, very hard to beat.

If...
  • PETERNG
    edited November 2002
    Options
    cool!!! I need to apply for one.