Nice afternoon yesterday

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,100
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
We have a family friend who owns a marketing firm that distributes audio/video products. He lives in the suburbs of Chicago about 45 minutes away. We went in to pick up a pair of Lsi 9's for my bro's office rig. Now usually we go to the warehouse so I've never seen his absolutely gorgeous home which is wired to the hilt with audio equipment in every concievale place and room in his 7 bedroom 5 bath home. His main system in the AV room is absolutely spectacular and I got to hear some truely first class equipment. Since he reps a lot of different companies he has a stack of equipment in his racks that is truely incredible. He has it set up for HT as is the trend for the business because he has clients over to experience many of the products he reps. But it's set up for 2 channel duty as well. I heard about 6-8 tracks on the following system.

Preamp was a top of the line Lexicon processor (set to 2-ch)
Source was a Denon 3910 universal DVDP
(2)Revel Ultima-Salon Speakers
(2)Velodyne DD-18 subs
(3)Power amps Mark Levinson No. 436--400 watt Mono blocks.The third was for the Revel center channel which was not in use for 2-ch listening.

The speaker cables were thicker than some plumbing I've seen in homes as were the power cables coming out of the Mark Levinson amps.

Diana Krall, Steely Dan and others never sounded so alive. The detail, clarity, room dynamics and total lack of color and was simply amazing. What an incredible sounding system.

Salon-main.jpg

ml436pic1.jpg

Links to reviews for the Levinson's, Revel's and Velodyne's if interested.

http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/905/

http://www.stereophile.com//loudspeakerreviews/96/

http://www.stereophile.com/subwoofers/604velodyne/

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2006
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking. What is the name of his business? Is it in Schaumburg?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thats a nice little system he has there.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing