Any Cowboy fans out there?

Options
daboyz
daboyz Posts: 5,207
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
I know, probably painting myself into a corner being a Cowboy fan. But, being from Bear country, I'm kinda out on my own anyway. Just wondering if there was anyone else out there feeling my pain right now.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Go Romo................ya think Drew is pissed?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,140
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well, Im not - the Panthers are going to slaughter them this weekend though...

Assuming Jake dosnt choke... ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • daboyz
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I wouldn't call Drew pissed, he's livid! I just hope he can be a good soldier and play out the rest of his contract as a backup. Something tells me I doubt it. Tough schedule coming up. I thought the "o" line would be better but it seems like they aren't reading properly. Any thoughts?
  • daboyz
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Neat sideshow with Keyshawn, isn't it?
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Cowboys fan here all my life. I feel bad for Drew, I like the switch, Romo needs to learn not to force passes. If we don't switch to shotgun or, give T.O some more attempts offense won't look much better next week. Panthers D is amazing compared to the giants.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• daboyz
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I think we can play with anyone if we take care of the ball. Romo should open up the offense even more w/his agility. We need Glenn to be a factor. T.O. will feed off him.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I agree, more throws to T.O. more throws to T.G. and more throws to the guy in the second row when the coverage is there.

Once a smart, accurate passing game is a legitimate threat, Julius Jones will suddenly break alot more big plays along with Romo shooting gaps.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Unless Parcell has something in his contract that rewards him an insane amount of money if Jerry Jones starts his usual play calling, I wouldn't think the move was permanent.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Yes Sir, Cowboys all the way.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited October 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    Unless Parcell has something in his contract that rewards him an insane amount of money if Jerry Jones starts his usual play calling, I wouldn't think the move was permanent.

Cowboys good....Jerry Jones bad. Just send him home to North Little Rock and let someone who can be an "owner" buy the Cowboys.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Yay Tony Romo! All of the mistakes of Drew Bledsoe, minus the ability. (But he can scramble a little bit!)

If Cowboy nation wasn't collectively swinging by their lips from Parcells' johnson, they'd identify their team's real problems: the O-line couldn't protect a greased pig, the play calling is horrendous, and of course, T.O
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Options
    TO is fine.

Drew was pulled when we were down by FIVE points. What was the final score? Jerry said before the season started, he didn't want to rebuild, he wanted to go for it now. That is not going to happen with Tony, period.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2006
    Options
    We were down 5 when we should have had the lead going in to halftime. Romo had 2 mistakes but understandable being his first game. Were gonna do better sunday
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Yeah, T.O. is just fine...as long as he's getting passes, and of course actually running complete routes, oh, and actually catching the ball and not worrying about getting hit. The guy is a joke, and unfortunately Dallas hasn't realized they're better off without him. I've never seen a bigger crybaby in the NFL to date.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Bledsoe needed to go. It has honestly been painful to watch him in anything resembling a big game this year. The guy has 14 years of experience, yet he loves making rookie mistakes to lose big games and taking terrible sacks.

At least with Romo, we'll still be able to beat the crappy teams, and maybe he'll provide a spark the rest of the way. Sunday night is going to be a tough one, considering how bad we looked at home against an okay defense. Romo does seem to move well, and I thought he played alright besides a bad tip here and there and that one terrible interception on the screen pass.

We'll see. Cowboys are overrated, for sure. Let's see if they can even make the playoffs, most of the NFC Champ / Superbowl talk seems to have officially died around here, thank God.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    We'll see...there's still a lot of season left and hey...they are doing better than the SB champs, the Steelers.

Still 10 games to go and only one game out of first. Ya'll act like their season is over already. It's the NFC East...anyone of those teams could win that division.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Well, for months we've had people pumping us up about the team being much improved over the last few years, but after 6 games, all we're doing is beating the crappy teams and losing to anyone that's decent.

You're right, though, the NFC East (and most other divisions in the parity ridden NFL) is up in the air and could be won by 3 teams at this point.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Gotta say I feel bad for Drew. He was in New England for years, and was always the nicest guy, a team guy. Has his flaws as a player but as a person and teammate you can't really say anything bad. Hell, evne when he left for Buffalo, which was under some pretty **** circumstances, he took out a full-page ad in the Boston Herald thanking the fans for his time in Boston.

Hate to see him go down like this, but... you gotta do what's best for your team, and it seems Romo may be it... although time will tell.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2006
    Options
    i was always a houston oilers fan, then they became the titans and so im a titans fan now, never did like the cowboys:D
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I saw the first half of the giants game, and witnessed an absolutly horrible offensive line on the part of the boys.

how the eff do you have any blocking scheme that doesnt throw a shoulder on Michael frikkin Strahan. seeing him come in untouched stunned me.

then there was the safety, again untouched!!!!!

maybe its more the coaching than the players, actually there is a very good chance of that, I dont know, and dont really care, but something has to be done on that front.

without the o-line, you can put Jesus in the QB spot and still be screwed.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,565
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The following was posted by someone on the internal company for sale web site for the employees

"For Sale:

One used NFL team, the Dallas Cowboys. Low mileage but pulls to the right a
    bit. Team has 2 bus drivers (one experienced, one with driver's permit),
    conservative coach who'll "stay the course", a talented wide receiver with a
    learning diability, and a defensive safety who's all over the field
    (unfortunately that's never were you need him).

Perks: Outstanding cheerleading squad who will shout 'Go Cowboys! We're #1"
    no matter what the score."
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    maybe its more the coaching than the players, actually there is a very good chance of that, I dont know, and dont really care, but something has to be done on that front.

I really doubt it's the coaching. Parcells is one of the better coaches to ever coach the game. He has a winning record and has been to the Super Bowl a number of times and as far as I know, the ONLY coach in NFL history to put 4 different teams into the playoffs. He's old-school for sure and he rarely has problems taming wild players. T.O. is nothing compared to L.T. and he was able to shut Meshawn up and when he did, Meshawn turned out to be a better player than most thought he was.

Parcells has had problems coaching when his management did not allow him enough autonomy to make the decisions and changes the organization he was working for needed. However, in every instance of his coaching career, he took a team that was down in the dumps and compeletly turned them around. This includes the Cowboys. It takes 2-3 years to pull a team out of the dumper...longer if they are plagued with injuries.

Jerry Jones is a hard **** and gets too involved but one thing he does do is recognize when his coach knows what he is talking about. Evidence of that is the mid-90's Cowboy's dynasty where they trounced the Bills in 3 Super Bowls and went to 4 Super Bowls in 5 years while dominating the NFC East and a good chunk of the rest of the league. Jerry stepped aside on that one until Jimmy started talking about retiring.

Where the Cowboys currently are now is where they were in about 1990-1992. They were making mistakes but had those glimpses of glory through out the season. They aren't going anywyhere this year it seems but like Noel said, they are 1 game back from the NFC East top spot and the NFC East arguably has 3 of the best teams in the conference this year. Philly, Dallas and NY are all on fairly equal footing. If the Giants do keep it up and keep thier act together, I think they are better than Philly and Dallas and deserve the top spot. If they do get far though, the Giants will not get past the Bears.

The defense is a problem for the Cowboys though. It seems they are running a 4-3 Defense still and Parcells is not only used to his stronger 3-4 Defense but the players he has picked for his D-line are big boys with a good deal of strength but not really mobile or fast. The 4-3 Defense favors speed and agility, the 3-4 Defense favors big, strong lineman and relies on fast and powerful linebackers to put the pressure on. With the defense struggling like it is to click, the offense has more emphasis put on scoring.

For Bledsoe this is not good. His pocket stays together fairly well. However, because thier running game sucks right now with such a young RB, they rely too heavily on thier passing game. T.O. gets double coverage often because as much of a pain as he is, he is still a huge threat to a defense. The rest of the recievers are not as experienced. This leads to simple screen coverage on the recievers being devastatingly effective. Bledsoe is old and not as mobile. He has a cannon for an arm but that does him no good if his players can't get open. Consequently, he spends way to much time in the pocket and eventually, any pocket will crumble on any team. Bledsoe's only saving grace at that point is that he's a big guy and can stand toe to toe with alot of lineman. It's not so easy to knock a big QB down for a sack.

I don't think the problem is coaching. Dallas is a formidable team when they play like a team. If JJ gives Parcells the freedom to work out the kinks, Parcells has a very good base with a ton of potential to start on. I would be so bold to say that if the Cowboys can get thier act together and keep it together, Parcells has built a championship team, the players just need to realize it and start playing like it. They make too many "rookie mistakes" and they drop plays and coverages too often. That's not a coaching problem, that sloppy play by the players. Yeah, the coach could be doing something about it but the coach can only do so much. I mean, the coach can't play the game for the players.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    Options
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    J,

I meant maybe along the lines of the oline coach, maybe as high as the offe3nsive coordinator. with the o-line doing such a bad job of protecting the qb (espescially with guys running in untouched, especially STRAHAN gettting in untouched), I cant help but think its something in the planning that went into the game. As far as I know, the Dallas o-line is at least a decent squad, I'm not too sure though. havent heard specifically that they suck ****.

Of course, there are those that think Parcells, paired with such a hands on owner, just isnt a good mix for success, Parcells being legendary notwithstanding

eh, who knows.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites