SDA 2.3 Crossover Completed

Options
george daniel
george daniel Posts: 12,096
edited October 2006 in Vintage Speakers
Just a couple of quick pic's before they go back in.Close quarters to say the least. Jeff and crew are a pleasure to deal with (Sonicraft)
JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
Post edited by george daniel on

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited October 2006
    Options
    OMG,Those caps are HUGE...looks like you did a great job...please let us know your thoughts on how these improvements sound.
  • george daniel
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thanks, ready to go back after I decide whether to go with poly's or jumpers,kinda leaning towards jumpers. Also replaced the silver mica's with .1 uf sonicaps.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,846
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Letting it all hang out, eh George!

Looks nice, should sound great.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Great job George! As you know I'm a Sonicap man myself. You won't be dissapointed!
    Carl

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Nice job George!
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Nice work George, enjoy!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • george daniel
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Okay, it's time to go with a jumper instead of the polyswitches,, T- 60 minutes and counting.:eek:
  • george daniel
    edited October 2006
    Options
    A couple of parting pic's.
    Thanks along the way to Carl,Jesse,and Bob for e-mails,phone calls and previous threads to guide my project to completion.They sound fantastic,open,airy,much more detail,depth,and the bass is impressive.My old ears are not what they used to be,so I asked my wife to close her eyes and listen for a minute,,she's still in the room listening to a David Raitt and Jimmy Thackery Cd. Nuff said. :)
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I like your no expense spared approach George. Nice job!:cool:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *