WANTED TO BUY! dynaco tube preamp or similar

Options
fire-stick
fire-stick Posts: 4
edited October 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
i just got my dynaco st-70 amp yesterday and now i am looking for a dynaco tube pre amp or something equivilent. must be in decent shape and reasonable priced. i do not want to buy from crap bay! thanks fire-stick
Post edited by fire-stick on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    Options
    TroyD was trying to sell Dynaco PAT4 and PAT5 preamps, along with a ST120 amp. HTrookie picked up one of the preamps, but you could ask Troy what he has left. Since he's hosting PF06 this weekend, it might take him a few days to get back to you, though.

TroyD's FS thread.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • fire-stick
    fire-stick Posts: 4
    edited October 2006
    Options
    thanks for the info but i am looking for a dyanco pre amp pas1,2or3 or something close to that must be tube i do not like solid state!
  • benk
    benk Posts: 6
    edited October 2006
    Options
    check out audiogon.com, the last time i checked there were a few pas-3's up for about 250. waaaaaay better than crap bay and these are guys you can actually trust. if you have problems with something you buy, check out audiokarma.org for info on just about anything having to do with audio.

-ben
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2006
    Options
    AK is a place with a lot of good people on it. But for every good and KNOWLEDGEABLE person, there are 100-200 that think it all starts and ends with Pioneer or Sansui speakers and receivers. It can be tough wading through all that ****.
  • benk
    benk Posts: 6
    edited October 2006
    Options
    AK is a place with a lot of good people on it. But for every good and KNOWLEDGEABLE person, there are 100-200 that think it all starts and ends with Pioneer or Sansui speakers and receivers. It can be tough wading through all that ****.

very true, but as far as a place to find detailed technical info on something like dynaco, i haven't been able find anything better. it helps a lot to post as specifically as you can. that way you can weed out the weirdos and get straight to the meat, as it were.
  • George Grand
    edited October 2006
    Options
    There is a Dynaco website that is eluding me right now. "Greg's Dynaco Page" or something like that. I have it bookmarked at home and will try and remember to post it here.
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited October 2006
    Options
  • George Grand
    edited October 2006
    Options
    http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/index.html

I hope this link works, it's a great compilation of Dynaco facts and history. HA! It works.