edited October 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Speakers are staying.
Post edited by fireshoes on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Ooh, I'm looking out for that Yamaha CDP.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'm waiting for the sub amp... Lets get this sale moving before we loose interest... :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    Options
    SOLD TO AUDIOBLISS

The Yamaha CDR-HD1300 has been one of my favorite components for the last few years, but I just haven't been sitting down to listen to music enough, so I'm hoping someone else can get some more enjoyment out of it. The unit is a single-tray cd player/recorder and has an 80gb hard drive built in as well to let you digitally store your music. The hard drive holds approximately 130 cds. I have it full, you can delete what you want (mostly rock/metal, some jazz). The hard drive recordings are done in wav format so they are very high quality. The album and songs names can be manually entered on the unit or you can hook it to your pc's serial port and use software from Yamaha to enter the information. You can also bookmark your favorite tracks. Changing between discs recorded on the hard drive is also much faster than changing on a conventional cd changer.

When copying a disc, there is function called AMQR (Audio Master Quality Recording) for the best quality recording quality. The CDR-HD1300 also has on-screen display for conveniently viewing track information. On the rear, it has analog audio inputs and outputs, as well both optical and digital coax inputs and outputs. There is also a composite and s-video video output for the on-screen display, and an RS232C port. It uses 24-bit DAC's, which IIRC are Burr-Brown. A great sounding piece for someone looking for quality cd playback but with the convenience of a changer and recorder. Originally retailed for $799, this one is selling for $225 shipped. 8/10 for minor scratches.
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    SOLD TO MADMAX

I purchased the Dayton 500 watt plate amp from partsexpress.com for my SVS CS-Ultra. It has a built-in parametric equalizer to help tame any nasty bass peaks in your room. It served me well, but I've been using one of my Carver pro amps for the duty for awhile now, since the plate amp just doesn't have a good spot to sit in my home theater with the cylinder-style sub I have.

More information on this amp is available at:
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-806

They are selling for $299, I'm selling for $200 shipped.
  • madmax
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Send it to me. (the plate amp).
    Thanks!
    madmax

• audiobliss
    edited October 2006
    Options
    With the CDR-HD1300, is it possible to navigate the menus for selecting tracks without using a monitor?
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2006
    Options
    *sigh*

I know Mom's going to royally beat my butt, but I'll take the Yammy.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    With the CDR-HD1300, is it possible to navigate the menus for selecting tracks without using a monitor?

You can skip through the different cd's and then change tracks just like a regular cd player. If I remember right, it stops playing the song you are on when you change cd's though. Maybe cmy330go can refresh my memory, since he has one too.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    *sigh*

I know Mom's going to royally beat my butt, but I'll take the Yammy.

It sure would be fun to be a fly on the wall when you tell her.:D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2006
    Options
    One last thing, I know with the MCX1000 (music server with HDD), you can hook the unit up to the internet and it will get the info for the CD to store on the HD. Will this unit do that, or do you have to enter the info manually?

From looking on Yamaha's website, I suspect you have to enter the info manually, which is a bummer, but not that big a deal.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    It sure would be fun to be a fly on the wall when you tell her.:D
    I wouldn't think so...you'd probably end up being a deaf fly...:D

Oh, and tell her? Shoot, if I can bring it in and un box it and sneak it in the rack without her seeing it...shoot man, I'm home free. Until she asks to see my bank statement...:eek:
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    One last thing, I know with the MCX1000 (music server with HDD), you can hook the unit up to the internet and it will get the info for the CD to store on the HD. Will this unit do that, or do you have to enter the info manually?

From looking on Yamaha's website, I suspect you have to enter the info manually, which is a bummer, but not that big a deal.

Just manually, but if you hook it to your pc, it goes pretty quick. I labelled almost everything that is already on it.
  • madmax
    edited October 2006
    Options
    It was a good move on your part AB. Just remember that as you are pummeled to within an inch of your life...
    madmax

• fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Say...this sale is going pretty good...

*looks around for more stuff to sell* :D
  • madmax
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I don't know, those speakers have just been sitting there forever... :)
    madmax

• jhermance
    jhermance Posts: 214
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Are there any Polk speakers that the energy's would compare to.
    Samsung UN46C7000
    Cambridge Audio 640R
    Sony BDP-S570
    Magnepan MMG's
    Totem Dreamcatcher Center
    Eleganza™ Bella 1200 High Performance Subwoofer
    Polk R15 Surrounds
    Audioquest Cables
    Panamax 5510-PRO AC Regenerator
    Monster Cable HTS 2500 MKII power cleaner
    Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnects
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I would say they are most similar to the RTi series, but with a warmer sound. Although there's no floorstanding RTi speaker with one tweeter and one 6.5" woofer.
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The CDR-HD1300 is playing in my system! :D I can't believe how fast it got here. According to the tracking info, it wasn't even supposed to get here until tomorrow!

Thankfully, I managed to realize it was sitting in the garage, bring it in, unpackage it, hide the box in the attic (with all my other boxes), TOTALLY rearrange my rack to make room for it...twice, since I misjudged its height the first time, hook it all up, and start playing with it....all while Mom's gone! :D:D:D:D

So, right now, I'm pretty happy. Now I just have to find a 20' long S-Video cable or some such so I can hook it up to my monitor. And about 100 blank CD's so I can burn this new music to CD so I can load it up with my stuf!! :D

Thanks for the unit, fireshoes! Appreciate it! :)
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • madmax
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I can see it now. "Is that something new in your rack?" "Oh, that old thing, its been so long I don't even remember who gave it to me..." :)
    madmax

Edit: BTW, I still remember getting my 1.2's. Just bought my house, didn't have enough cash left over for a washer and dryer, charged the mortgage payment that month on a credit card so I could pay cash for the speakers AND tried to pass them off as my old speakers when my mom saw them... She wasn't stupid, she knew right away they were not the previous RS Mach II's I had. Of course I got a lecture...

• audiobliss
    edited October 2006
    Options
    LOL Put the mortgage payment on a credit card and paid cash for speakers! Haha.

But, I can picture this now: Typing out the CD and song titles on the unit as I'm ripping CD's to it, or calling Dad into my room to listen to a song and pulling it up on my monitor and him going, "Whao, what's that?"
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited October 2006
    Options
    May I just say that I used to sell Energy floorstanding speakers a couple of years ago, and they have incredible imaging. I have yet to hear better-imaged speakers to this day. (They were the Connoisseur series, but still)
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,210
    edited October 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    Edit: BTW, I still remember getting my 1.2's. Just bought my house, didn't have enough cash left over for a washer and dryer, charged the mortgage payment that month on a credit card so I could pay cash for the speakers AND tried to pass them off as my old speakers when my mom saw them... She wasn't stupid, she knew right away they were not the previous RS Mach II's I had. Of course I got a lecture...

Am I reading this right? You got lectured by your Mom after you owned your own house? Sad...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited October 2006
    Options
    We are our mothers' children, and as such, are subject to lectures whenever the need arises. Need? I should say urge. :D
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    May I just say that I used to sell Energy floorstanding speakers a couple of years ago, and they have incredible imaging. I have yet to hear better-imaged speakers to this day. (They were the Connoisseur series, but still)

Actually these are the C-300's, so guess what the C stands for? :D From what I understand, they sort of split the Connoisseur line into the the C-series and Reference Connoisseurs. Both have aluminum tweeters, but the C-series uses the composite Fiberglas woofers, while the Refcons got Kevlar woofers, real wood veneer, and extra bracing.
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    The CDR-HD1300 is playing in my system! :D I can't believe how fast it got here. According to the tracking info, it wasn't even supposed to get here until tomorrow!

Thankfully, I managed to realize it was sitting in the garage, bring it in, unpackage it, hide the box in the attic (with all my other boxes), TOTALLY rearrange my rack to make room for it...twice, since I misjudged its height the first time, hook it all up, and start playing with it....all while Mom's gone! :D:D:D:D

So, right now, I'm pretty happy. Now I just have to find a 20' long S-Video cable or some such so I can hook it up to my monitor. And about 100 blank CD's so I can burn this new music to CD so I can load it up with my stuf!! :D

Thanks for the unit, fireshoes! Appreciate it! :)

Man, that was fast! Surprising since I took it to a third party mailing place. It looks a lot cooler in person than those pics, huh? Pretty lights...and beefy! :)
  • audiobliss
    edited October 2006
    Options
    For sure! It looks great, and it does have a lot of heft to it. While not a tank, it does impress you as being very solid and substantial. Now, if only I could afford 20' of S-Video cable....lol.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    BTW, for interested parties, I was looking at the pictures of the Energy speakers and it looks like there is something on the front of one of the speakers on the gloss black part, but it is just a reflection. Both speakers are very clean. They are still available here for another day or two, so somebody should buy them. It's half price on a 6 month old (or less) speaker that sounds really nice. Really. Buy them now before I talk myself into keeping them lol. :)
  • fireshoes
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Keeping the speakers.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2006
    Options
    What made you change your mind?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • madmax
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Super fast shipping on the sub amp. Great seller to deal with!
    Thanks!
    madmax