Setup Question

raglandl
raglandl Posts: 11
I'm thinking of upgrading from my sony to a Denon AVR-3802 reciever, but I'm looking at the back picture of the Denon reciever and I don't see an LFE out line for the sub. I am currently using a Monster Bass 500 coaxial cable to connect my sub. Can someone with one of these recievers help me out or if someone can take a look at the back panel and give me some info that would be great. I see that it has a sub out rca output, but I can't tell whether you use both the red and white end or just the red. I'm just confused. Is my LFE Monster cable still useable and if so is that even the best method of hookup? Thanks guys.

Luke
Post edited by raglandl on

Comments

• nico
    nico Posts: 104
    edited November 2002
    It does have the sub out hook up on the back. I think it's in with the pre outs. Check out crutchfields web site and look at the back picture of the unit. I have a SONY 4ES and I have mine hooked up via LFE line and it works well for me. Later NICO
    SONY 4ES RECEIVER
    EARTHQUAKE 5CH AMP.
    DENON DVD 2200
    SONY 400 DISC CHANGER
    RTI50, CS400I, RTI38, RT55I, INFINITY IL SUB
    MONSTER CABLES
    SONY LCD 50" VEGA
  • freid
    freid Posts: 24
    edited November 2002
    Yes, the Denon 3802 has a LFE out, it is called Sub Woofer. You only use the red connector.
  • raglandl
    raglandl Posts: 11
    edited November 2002
    So the best way to connect the sub would be to use the monster bass coax cable through the red connector?
  • nico
    nico Posts: 104
    edited November 2002
    Thre is really no bad or good way to hook up your sub I think what works best for you. If you want simple single hook up go with the LFE line if you wan to spend more money on speaker cables that's up to you. That's just my 2 cents. NICO
    SONY 4ES RECEIVER
    EARTHQUAKE 5CH AMP.
    DENON DVD 2200
    SONY 400 DISC CHANGER
    RTI50, CS400I, RTI38, RT55I, INFINITY IL SUB
    MONSTER CABLES
    SONY LCD 50" VEGA
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2002
    my sub is hooked up from the sub preouts.. it's all lumped together with the other 5 pre outs. and yeah you use a coax with RCA connectors from receiver to sub in. simple. and works great. for me this was the easiest way to hook things up.. i know there are other ways. but for me.. simple is better.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: