RT300p Sub vs Sunfire MKII

Options
warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited October 2001 in Technical/Setup
I can get a really good deal on a RT3000p Sub only. I currently have a Sunfire True Sub MKII. Would I be missing a lot if I went to the Polk and sold the Sunfire? I use it only for HT as I run my speakers "large" and the sub isn't active except for the .1 in digital. Thanks for any opinions, Jeff
Post edited by warlocks1 on

Comments

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Since I don't have direct experience with either, I'm probably not qualified to answer (but here I go).......That said, I'd keep the Sunfire if I had one. I guess it might come down to how much you could get for it, if you sold it. I'd hate to take much of a loss on equipment like that.

Jason
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Options
    You want to sell your Sunfire??? What's up with that? You don't like it? Just curious. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Aaron
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I have heard the sunfire sub..and it baby..and like the baby better. for some reason..on demo- the daddy was having a harder time than the babby- (titan A.E.).
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I wasn't planning on selling the Sunfire unless the RT3000 would sound as good. I have never heard the 3000. I was looking as the specs and it only goes down to 25HZ. The sunfire goes to 18hz. I love my Sunfire but I am always looking for different options. I can get the 3000 for $199.00 and probably sell the sub for $700.00, which is what I paid. I am always looking for a way to make money for upgrades, but I would never downgrade my system. Thanks