Jerry Cantrell....WOW

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
edited November 2002 in Music & Movies
I finally got to see him,I would have perfered to see him with Alice in Chains ,but he did just fine last night in Philly.

I will say this........effin loud man.My ears are still ringing.He played alot of his new stuff,then went into a full scale Alice in Chains run.The place went wild when he played "Got Me Wrong".Great show.He's a fantasic guitar player.

Jerry is the Man........:D
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2002
    Options
    His alright - saw him about 5 months ago. Without the AIC material he is not much. Not too entertaining. Good guitar player and the single on the new album is pretty good.
    System of the Down - the band that closed that perticular show. Now that was one of the most amazing live performances I have ever heard or seen. WOOOOW! Everybody was singing along like it was Depeche Mode. Guy did the guitar solo laying his back. AWESOME!!!
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I THOUGHT HE SUCKED
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I saw him a few years ago on Ozzfest I think. Maybe it was Lollapolooza, I can't remember. I thought it was a pretty rockin' show. It was great to hear some of the AIC stuff too.
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I think he's fantastic......I miss Alice In Chains.......it's not the same without Lane.......such a damn shame
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Damn shame indeed.

'Would', live and studio versions, is one of my 'preferred' demo tracks. Granted the playlist is much longer, but that *one* song remains on my demo playlist.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    Options
    You know I believe you and I can get along real good.....alice in chains fan huh.......my kind of company.......not in a **** way my man......Would huh.....LOL..its a fantastic song all kidding aside.
    Dan