FS: RM6500 5.1 speaker system

Options
MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
edited October 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
To help fund some upgrades I am selling my first Home Theater Speaker system. Polk Audio RM 6500 system. I bought these when I was just getting into the hobby and I was living in a 12' wide row house. It certainly served me well as a starter set up.

One of the satelite speakers does have the dust cover dented in which I was shocked to find tonight. The subwoofer is missing two rubber feet which I just realised tonight because it has been sitting on carpet. I can find some replacement rubber feet. Other than that they are good to go. I think I paid @ $1000 from CC when new but will accept any best offer to start my upgrade fund.

I know these are a used starter system so if anyone knows someone looking for a full surround sound starter speaker system with a powered supwoofer please pass it along.

If no one is interested I will try E-bay for the first time.

SEE PICTURES IN REPLY # 9 BELOW.
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by MillerLiteScott on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    edited October 2006
    Options
    you never know Scott it may come in handy for a games room or inexpensive computer set up. Good luck w/ the sale.
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hey Scott,

I hope Faster100 doesn't mind me saying this;) but you may have better luck with posting an asking price. People seem to like that around here. Good luck

kevin
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Exactly. Could someone help me with posting to se nifty thumbnail pictures.
    I don't know how to do it. I can post pictures but they are ginormous.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2006
    Options
    opus wrote:
    Hey Scott,

I hope Faster100 doesn't mind me saying this;) but you may have better luck with posting an asking price. People seem to like that around here. Good luck

kevin

I really don't know what the system is worth. I am open to any suggestions.
  • StinkyDog
    StinkyDog Posts: 96
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I really don't know what the system is worth. I am open to any suggestions.

One thing you could try is to do some research on Ebay. See if there have been any completed auctions for these speaks and see what they sold for. You can also read the descriptions to see what kind of condition they were in when sold (like new, cosmetic flaws, some damage, etc.). Compare/contrast with your setup and try to guage what a good price would be. Craig's List is another good place to research this information as well. Good luck.

Sean
  • StinkyDog
    StinkyDog Posts: 96
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Exactly. Could someone help me with posting to se nifty thumbnail pictures.
    I don't know how to do it. I can post pictures but they are ginormous.

Scott

When you attach your pictures they will automatically be added as thumbnails to your post. The forum accepts a picture with a maximum size of 512.0 KB, so even if your pics are really big they will be ok as long as they are smaller than that. Otherwise, you will need to find a way to resize them to a smaller size.

Also, if you have the ability to post your pics on a personal web page you can just put the link to that page in your post. That would save you from having to resize them for the forum (if needed).

Sean
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thanks Sean,

I will try your suggestions.

I think E-bay is my best bet. I have bought off of E-bay but never sold.

Scott
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2006
    Options
    My first shot at pictures
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Now on E-Bay