WTB: Monitor 5JR+

Options
Toka78
Toka78 Posts: 192
edited September 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking for a pair of 5JR's...prefer later models with SL2500 tweets, but open to anything...just must have the PR. These will be part of a wedding gift for a good friend so they must not be beaters...don't have to be museum quality but must be presentable (cabs, grills, etc.). Pickup in the Philly/NYC corridor a huge plus, also willing to drive any reasonable direction from the Philly area for the right pair. Let me know what you have and we'll talk turkey. :)

UPDATE: Search is over, see below
Post edited by Toka78 on

Comments

• Toka78
    edited September 2006
    Options
    After further consideration a 'regular' Monitor 5 would work for my friend's space as well, so if you have a pair to move, I'm here.
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited September 2006
    Options

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I have a couple mint spare parts for sale if you do find a pair that may need new grills or an extra set of stock crossovers. Good luck.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Toka78
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Thanks, both! :cool:
  • Toka78
    edited September 2006
    Options
    I got in touch with the guy Loud & Clear linked, and the 5JR's showed up yesterday...very nice overall, some scuffs on the bottom but...they are on the bottom. No biggie. Only bummer was that they had the SL2000's, but they aren't for me, and my friend probably wouldn't care either way...they sound nice as it is. Thanks for the tip!