Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I'm a GL ****!

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Though I only have the regular edition trilogy on VHS and The Phatom Menace this week.

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I remember when SW came out back in 76 (man, was it that long ago??) my aunt took me to see it like 5 times. Then, a few months later she bought the album that had the entire soundtrack, not the music, the whole movie on an album (hey, this was the mid 70's). I swear we must have listened to that thing a thousand times. That was (for us) high tech back in the day.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I have the special edition double disc soundtracks for all three movies that came in those fancy little books with the embossed sleeve. The CD's are laser etched with cool graphics, too. The bottom line, however, is that the sound quality is horrendous (and they're supposed to be digitally remasterd)! I also have The Phantom Menace soundtrack, which thankfully sounds a lot better. Too bad the musical content isn't as good overall. So yeah, I'm a GL ****!

Aaron
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Last year, I tried to get rid of the Yamaha demodulator that I had for several years, so I posted it on Ebay and expect to sell it less than $25. The bid price start @ $1. After one week, I check Ebay and found that the winner of the bid offered more $200 for it(surprise the heck out of me). The young man came to my house and picks it up. I asked him what does he use it for? He said he bought the Japanese LD version of Episode 1 for more than 6 months ago, and he want to buy the demodulator so bad so he can experience the AC-3 track on the LD. A month later, I have the opportunity to watch this movie on LD with AC-3 sound; it’s a wonderful experience, the soundtrack is unbelievable. Now I bought the DVD, and I hope the video transfer on this one will fantastic, but I’m not sure the DD sound track is going to be at good as the DD track on the LD. I guess I am going to find down soon…;)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Whadeye just say? I got the WS-THX VHS ORIGINAL SANS-CGI Trilogy for twenty bucks. TWENTY BUCKS! I'll NEVER buy another STAR WARS thing again, until this exact same version comes out on DVD (aka, never).

And the only time I got "taken" by GL, I'm proud to say, was the eleven times I saw the original film in the theater when I was a tot. (Granted, I did see them all, and see them again once during an original trilogy marathon at the Cine Capri in PHX, and I did pay to see the goddamn PM @ The Senator here in B'More, but THAT'S IT! NO MORE OF MY MONEY IS GOING TO GL.)

Until "Raiders" comes to DVD, that is.

I'm PROUD not to be GL's ****, suckas.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    Options
    ..you must be GL's personal ho!

Yeah, the sound wasn't like being in the theater but, I was 7 at the time and the old phonograph wasn't exactly high tech even then, although my aunt has since passed on to me some great albums to include most of the original Beatles albums.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut