Question about the S.R.T System...

perralaz
perralaz Posts: 8
edited November 2002 in Speakers
hi all ;)

I've had the opportunity to buy an SRT System for a very good price on Ebay last week :D:D:D

Yet I'm speaking with the dealer and I was very surprised about what he say me :

Before i bid he said me that the SRT System was complet and in a very good shape !!! And yet he say me that there is no rear speakers include in the wohle SRT System !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

My questions are :
Is he correct in what he say me ?
When there is no rear speakers include on this system, witch polk speaker do I choose to complete this half System ???
I would be very happy if someone can give me a precise description of the SRT System.
Can someone give me a copy of the rewiew of this system (widescreen review 1996) ?

Thanks a lot for your help ;););)
Regards, Pascal

... :)
Post edited by perralaz on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited November 2002
    I have a copy of the review of the srt system in stereo review and I'm not real willing to part on the magazine......unless you really want it, and then we could work out a deal.......

The SRT system had 2 different rear speakers....The SRT/FX and the newer flat panel srt rears.....I don't remember the exact name.......If he doesn't have the rears.it's not a complete system.......but you might beable 2 custom order a pair from polk.........I'm not sure of that.....You can view the system on the Polk web page.

It's a killer system.......I haven't heard it in a long time...but if memory holds correct...........it was badass.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    edited November 2002
    Jeez Dan, just send the guy a COPY!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited November 2002
    it's my copy and I had it since 1996.........I like it.....but if he really wants it...I can work something out.........I will.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    edited November 2002
    Dan,

I suggested that you send him a "copy", not your original.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rlw
    rlw Posts: 231
    edited November 2002
    Pascal,

Greetings, and welcome to the forum.

The SRT system came in many flavors; the most common was a flavor that included the 2 mains, a center, and surrounds. There were two versions of the surrounds; but not a "flat panel" - more sort of like a "half-a-main" look. Incidentally, they were not distinguished by different model numbers.

Another flavor of the SRT system was 2 mains only.

Another flavor of the SRT was 4 mains [2 front, 2 rear] a center. That system expanded to include 2 centers and added sub modules.

If the dealer is telling you that there was a system with 2 mains, a center, and no surrounds, well, he's coloring the truth just a little bit.

However, I think that the RT-2000's or RT-3000's would be good for rears; they'll pretty much keep pace with the SRT mains, and be close enough of a timbral match that you won't be unhappy.

P.S. The SRT system is incredible and awe-inspiring. We love our SRT based HT.
  • perralaz
    edited November 2002
    Hi and thanks for your help ;) ,

Mantis,

Have you the possibility to scan only this SRT review and to send me per mail ???

I have heard this system about four year ago and i can't remember a better sound experience ... :D:D:D

Have you a link to the page of the polk web site where i can find more informations ??? I 'can't find them :confused:

rlw,

the dealer say me :

the complete system is composed with 2 SRTsub, 2 mains SRTsatellite, 1 SRTcenter, 1 SRT audio processor and 1 SPLmeter ... but without surround speakers !!!! I'm not happy with this bad news but I always tkink it was a great deal for 3'000 Euros + shipping :rolleyes:

I'can perhaps use my today's main speakers (RT20p) for the surround but it's not ideal for my installation ( I would prefer wall/ceiling speakers ... )

Have someone an idea of the price and were i can get the SRT/FX or or the SRT Flat surround ???

Thanks again ;)
    Regards, Pascal

• perralaz
    edited November 2002
    Ok, I'have finally found some answer to my questions about the SRT System ... I'have made a compilation with these information in the annexed file ( .doc , 680 kB )

I would be very happy if someone can give me the specifications (no more infos online on the Polk web site :( )
    Regards, Pascal

• rlw
    edited November 2002
    What specs?

You already have them all in the doc you attached?
  • perralaz
    edited November 2002
    Thank's rlw ;) I've seen but after my posting ... :eek:
    Regards, Pascal

• steve simmons
    steve simmons Posts: 64
    edited November 2002
    If I remember correctly the original surrounds in this system were LS/FX's which you may be able to find on ebay or possibly even someone here has a pair they would sell. I have the promotional literature that was mailed out at the time the system was originally introduced back in '95 or '96 that I can send you if you end up buying the SRT's. Let me know...you can have it no charge.
  • rlw
    edited November 2002
    Originally posted by perralaz
    Thank's rlw ;) I've seen but after my posting ... :eek:

OK.

Keep us posted on when you get these bad boys...I'm sure you'll love 'em!
  • capitan100
    capitan100 Posts: 172
    edited November 2002
    damn...those are some hella nice speakers.... i would love to have a pair of the mains..... i wouldn't want any other speaker..ever....
    Home Theater
    Sony DA7ES 7.1 A/V Receiver
    Sony DVP-NC80V - SACD/DVD player
    CS400 - Center channel
    RT2000i - Fronts
    RT1000i - Surrounds
    a/d/s MS3/u - subwoofer
    Hitachi 62 inch HD TV

2 Channel Room
    Niles HDL-4 Speaker Selector
    Niles HDL-6 Speaker Selector
    Sony V555ES receiver