MISSION MS-50 Bookshelf Speakers

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited September 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Mission MS-50 Bookshelf Loudspeakers - 9/10 - $85/shipped

Mission loudspeaker is the original equipment for the Denon Mini-Systems. These little **** have been a staple in my computer rig for a couple years and are one of my favorite, all-time bookies.

They have a warm, laid back sound and are silk dome driven. The bass response is a ported design, and they will suprise you. I wouldn't have two pairs of these for no reason. I keep a D-MS50 system boxed up for the future, as it's one of the best mini-systems I've heard in my travels.

I'm letting a pair go because Russman, my homeslice, found me a pair of my very first speakers EVER, Kef C15...and sent me a mint pair because we are secret lovers. They hold alot more sentimental value for me, so the Mission's need to go to a new home.

Here's some technical information:

Two-way reflex design
New front baffle mounting and finish
Tuned crossover to match D-M30/M50
Anti-magnetic design
20-50 watts output per channel
110-mm profiled GC bass driver
25-mm soft dome tweeter
75Hz-20kHz frequency response
6 ohms impedance
88dB sensitivity
Sold as a pair
Wood grain cabinets
Honey maple finish
Screw-down speaker wire terminals
Speaker wire included
Each speaker measures 5.5 inches wide x 9.4 inches high x 7.9 inches deep
5.3 lbs. (each)

I can only offer some generic pics as they have ben boxed up for some time, but if you really want me to open them up....I will. I would also suggest banana plugs as the stock speaker terminals suck for spades. If you want a binder upgrade prior to shipping, email me and we will work something out. Labor is FREE.

Includes: Shipping and bulletproof packaging.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Sold ****. My ****. Send them to me, ****.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited September 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    I'm letting a pair go because Russman, my homeslice, found me a pair of my very first speakers EVER, Kef C15...and sent me a mint pair because we are secret lovers. They hold alot more sentimental value for me, so the Mission's need to go to a new home.[/i]

Hey Doro- Saw your reference to the KEF C15s. I bought a pair in excellent condition (visually) at a yard sale (where else :rolleyes:) about 4 years ago. Hooked them up and thought one side may have had a blown woofer ("rattled" at some frequencies) so I stuck them in basement and forgot about them. What can you tell me about them? Construction quality seems top notch but I never really researched them. They worth pulling out, dusting off and trying to fix whatever may be wrong?

Also, they are your FIRST speaker?? How old are they (or how young are YOU);) ?

Regards,
    codder
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2006
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply, must've missed this one.

The Mon10B and Kef C15 were my first real speakers back in late 80's...early 90's. I'm not sure of the actual year, as that was a blurry time for me prior to the Army. I obviously owned some other BS prior but that's when I consider myself on the right path.

I've always liked all things Kef and prowl for mint pairs from time to time. They are the only ones that have done an Al dome tweeter right, at least for me.

Great speaker, but I'm not knowledgeable of what the parts situation is for them. As long as its modest, I would definetly get them repaired. Good luck.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.