adcom amp

Options
scottdwagner
scottdwagner Posts: 106
edited August 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking to complete a matching system. Need an Adcom GFA-5400 if anyone has one for sale.
Thanks,
Scott
Monitor Audio GR 60, GR10, GRLCR
Velodyne HGS18
Emotiva MMC-1
Parasound Model 5250
Denon DVD-3800
Pioneer pdp-5070
Secondary HT with B&W CDM-NTs all around and Rotel Separates (thanks Venom!)
Post edited by scottdwagner on

Comments

• seo
    seo Posts: 305
    edited August 2006
    Options
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    thanks, but i think that's a bit rich...although it looks to be in good condition.
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2006
    Options
    that's to much dinero for the 5400. i have one. i should know.. and they are not 200wpc either. they are 125wpc. and don't do well with SDA's 4 ohm load.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Agreed. Too rich for my blood. I already have 2 GFA-5400's that I'm trying to match, otherwise I'd probably go with something else. And if you're going to own an $800 msrp 2-channel amp, you really ought to know what the stated watts are (125, not 200). The one I see on audiogon is $350, which is still a bit much for this particular used amp IMHO. We'll see what happens. I'll keep fishing... Does anyone know anything about Adcom's tradeup program? Thanks for the input.
    scott
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I contacted Adcom to see what my gtp-450 would be worth for the gtp-602 and was pleasantly surprised that one, Adcom replied within 1 business day (email) and and 2 the price for my unit was just under 290.00 toward the newer unit.

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Wow, that's a pretty good deal. I did call them today...I emailed them yesterday. They said they'll get back to me tomorrow. Based on your experience, I should be able to do pretty well toward a 5-channel amp upgrade, turning in two 5400s and the tuna. i've got a 450 as well.
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Oh well, adcom's trade up program is only unit traded for one purchased. I guess the search for a 5400 continues...
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give him a call....
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2006
    Options
    You're welcome.
    It never hurts to check Videogon from time to time... as some people just pass over Audiogon and put some two channel merch there -- so it tends to sit.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Never knew there was such a thing as videogon....interesting.
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Let us know if you snag it. As long as it's been sitting, you should be able to get him to go even lower.... at least throw in free shipping.:)
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Will do. Really appreciate the help.
    scott
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070
  • scottdwagner
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I ended up getting a gfa-7400 from CP's Sami,
    Thanks
    Velodyne HGS18
    Emotiva MMC-1
    Parasound Model 5250
    Denon DVD-3800
    Pioneer pdp-5070