Lsi-7

Options
sucks2beme
sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
edited August 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
There's an open box pair at the Irving Tx. Fry's for $399. Color black.
The sales guy says they are no longer going to carry the LSI-7.
I'm still waiting for the 9's to clear out!
No affiliation.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by sucks2beme on

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm waiting for their $199 sale again... :D
  • sucks2beme
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Sami wrote:
    I'm waiting for their $199 sale again... :D

Not likely to happen again anytime soon. That sale was the stuff of legends.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Sami
    edited August 2006
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote:
    Not likely to happen again anytime soon. That sale was the stuff of legends.
    I know, too bad I only got 3 pairs.
  • jhermance
    jhermance Posts: 214
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I wanna know when they go on sale like that again i might have to buy a few pair then.
    Samsung UN46C7000
    Cambridge Audio 640R
    Sony BDP-S570
    Magnepan MMG's
    Totem Dreamcatcher Center
    Eleganza™ Bella 1200 High Performance Subwoofer
    Polk R15 Surrounds
    Audioquest Cables
    Panamax 5510-PRO AC Regenerator
    Monster Cable HTS 2500 MKII power cleaner
    Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnects
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2006
    Options
    That's the first and only time thats ever happened (was almost 2 or 3 years ago).......unless they completely discontinue the line, it's not likely to happen again.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'd like to get ahold of a set of 7's for that cheap but who wouldn't? So can we all just move on.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited August 2006
    Options
    $199 for the Lsi-7s? I wish I was into home audio 2-3 years ago, would've hopped on LBJ and swooped in on those bigguns.

I'll race you to the 9's if they ever go on sale like that.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    edited August 2006
    Options
    They never had the 7's on display only as back surrounds in their theater room.
    If it's discontinued they might put on AD like they did with the h/k 635($599). I know the H/k 335 was selling for $300 when they cleared them out.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    That's the first and only time thats ever happened (was almost 2 or 3 years ago).......unless they completely discontinue the line, it's not likely to happen again.....

But if it ever does pick up a few pairs for me. :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Toxis wrote:
    I'd like to get ahold of a set of 7's for that cheap but who wouldn't? So can we all just move on.
    Uh...no....but you can stop being an ****
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2006
    Options
    oh max......you know you'd be the last on the list.....(seriously)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Toxis
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Not being an ****, it's just everytime these speakers are brought up, people start talking about the once in a lifetime deal. Sure it was great but why keep bringing it up? All it's going to do is lower everyone's opinion of what they are worth.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Toxis wrote:
    Not being an ****, it's just everytime these speakers are brought up, people start talking about the once in a lifetime deal. Sure it was great but why keep bringing it up? All it's going to do is lower everyone's opinion of what they are worth.

or cause an aspiring audiophile (i.e. me) to nut over getting such a kickass speaker for a deal that should be illegal. :D
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Toxis
    edited August 2006
    Options
    :D I hear ya man... I guess my point is pointless. lol

• KrazyMofo24
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Its kind of the same situation when CC cleared out their Rti's.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• sucks2beme
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Its kind of the same situation when CC cleared out their Rti's.

I WAS there for that one!!
  • KrazyMofo24
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Really thinking about getting it today...either this or upgrading my PC since the dual-core processors are much cheaper now 3800 X2 for $150($330 2 months ago).
    Setup:

• KrazyMofo24
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Well I bought them today thanks for the heads up...they sound so much better than my Rti10's. The sales guy told me that they were just getting rid of the Ebony, in their system though it's still $799 for the Cherry's.

I really was skeptical at first since they were bookshelfs and it seems that the 9's are more popular. However their not broken in yet, and I am very satisfied.
    Setup:

• Sami
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Congrats! Those should go very well with the Adcom. I might have an extra single 7 coming up in a month or two, in case you need matching centre channel.
  • KrazyMofo24
    edited August 2006
    Options
    The Adcom sounds great with the 7's I remember having the 9's with my 335 awhile back returned them, did not sound good at all. The amp makes a huge difference. Well the 7's in music beats the 10's in every category even in the bass its not as boomy but cleaner.

I'll try the 7's as fronts with Fxi5's as rears see if they are any good at HT.
    Setup:

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    oh max......you know you'd be the last on the list.....(seriously)

I'll remember that... :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • sucks2beme
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I saw they were gone. I went in to get some RCA jacks for an amp rehab.
    The first thought I had was SOME CRAZY **** MUST OF BEEN HERE!
    I listened to my Snells again last night to think about it. I think only the 9
    would be a step up. ENJOY!!!