In-wall sub wiring

Libertyc
Libertyc Posts: 914
I need to put my subwoofer in the back corner of my living room. The wire will run through the walls/ceiling and will need to measure about 50'. I will be using the LFE out, so what kind of in-wall wire should be used? I also want to use RCA wall plates at the ends. Can I use 75 ohm cable wire for in-wall run?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Post edited by Libertyc on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2002
    I think that you would be better off getting a 50'+ rca cable and using it instead of coax. As for using RCA wall plates, keep in mind that the more connections you have the greater the chance of having a bad connection or increased signal loss. You could buy wall plates with just a single hole and limit the connections to just 2.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Libertyc
    edited October 2002
    Where can I get RCA cable in bulk? I went to Radio Shack (don't know why I go there) and the guy told to just run 14 gauge in-wall speaker wire for the sub LFE connection. Would regular speaker work ok for LFE? I really want to run a sheilded cable. Can I buy a 50' roll of RCA cable?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    Soundex in Willow Grove......you live near Liv4fam and I right?

exit 27 off Pa turnpike,go south on 611 and it's about 1/2 miles on right.See Mark.

They have Transparent link 200 in bulk and you can pick up 2 ends.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Libertyc
    edited October 2002
    Mantis,
    Thank for the info. I bought the PSW1200 from Liv4fam (I live in Lower Bucks). The sub works good but I think its powerful for my room (Its rattles the windows) and I tend to set it too high. I will go to Soundex and try the Transparent link. I live near Audio Lab in Fairless Hills PA and might try them too. I also travel near Jenkintown and might try Signal Sound. (I may be wrong about the name)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    You live near the audio lab???yeah I know them dudes, they can also hook you up with some line level cable...they have Kimber,Xios,Cardis,and someone else I forget......see Dave in there and tell him Dan from Tweeter send yeah.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.