2 Channel audio Kicks A$$

Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,878
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Now, perhaps it's time to replace my 13" tv.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nah, you're good!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Ern Dog wrote:
    last night I was contemplating just buying my dream system and putting it all on the credit card and be done with it. Keeping my sub and my pre/pro I think I could get the LSI line (15's, 7's and center), amp, etc for about $5k. This amount seems reasonable to me- it's not like I'm a heroin addict.

Waaaa...............no your worse!!!!!!!!!! Once tickled ear bones, oh so sweet the tones, now it takes all you have, to feed your new jones.

Think Chicago tune Only the Beginning, there you go.

RT1
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Ern Dog wrote:
    Ever since I got my H/K AVR635 a couple weeks ago I'm starting to see the light... I notice that out of all the listening modes and DSP settings, my cd's sound the best with plain old 2 ch Stereo! Sub turned off. The music just sounds cleaner. I didn't notice this dramatic difference with my Onkyo 503.

I've never enjoyed my system this much. I can only imagine what would happen if I introduced a fatty amp into this mix.:D I hope I can fight off upgrade-itus long enough to pay off my debts from the last couple upgrades. :p

I too have come to this realization of 2 channel stereo...i used to like to have all my speakers playing music..i thought it was better cause it was louder...not the case. The part about the sub turned off i have been playing with that too...only problem is that with my monitor 70's only going down to 40hz, there is some bass in my music that i am missing and therefore went back to using a sub but just loud enough to fill in the missing frequencies and not over power my 70's. I have just purchased a Rotel 1070 2 channel amp to put on my 70's, still waiting for it to show up..boy i'm pumped..it should rock the hell out of those puppies.
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,911
    edited July 2006
    Options
    AHHHH....the evolution of audio continues!:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Once I added the Conrad Johnson tube preamp w/ HT bypass into my system along w/ a 2 channel amp it's now a whole new listening world. Separating HT & 2 channel componets is the only way to go.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2006
    Options
    What's HT???

I even watch movies in Dolby 2.1 virtual, via HK 3380, Toshiba SD2200, Monitor 7As, and JBL E150P. It friggin rocks.

I don't own a multi-channel anything.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • pearsall001
    edited July 2006
    Options
    HT is short for home theater.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,097
    edited July 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    What's HT???

I even watch movies in Dolby 2.1 virtual, via HK 3380, Toshiba SD2200, Monitor 7As, and JBL E150P. It friggin rocks.

I don't own a multi-channel anything.

Amen brutha.... I love my 2.0 setup for movies. Of course I watch about 12-15 movies a year, but I do listen/watch alot of concert DVD's and this is where it shines.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2006
    Options
    HT is short for home theater.

Really, no kiddin'???;)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I too have come to this realization of 2 channel stereo...i used to like to have all my speakers playing music..i thought it was better cause it was louder...not the case. The part about the sub turned off i have been playing with that too...only problem is that with my monitor 70's only going down to 40hz, there is some bass in my music that i am missing and therefore went back to using a sub but just loud enough to fill in the missing frequencies and not over power my 70's. I have just purchased a Rotel 1070 2 channel amp to put on my 70's, still waiting for it to show up..boy i'm pumped..it should rock the hell out of those puppies.

Jayman-
    Dude, you gotta let me know how those 70's sound after being juiced with a130 watt amp. This is going to be my next move too, so you can be my guinea pig as to whether there is a significant improvement specifically with the 70's.:D
  • pearsall001
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Honest ****, that's really what HT means!!! You must be a rookie!!! LOL
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Hey Ern dogg, I'd be glad to let ya know how it turns out. I just recieved confirmation that the amp was shipped today. Pretty crazy since I sent the money order on the 10th. Oh well..so i'm waiting impatiently now. I'm kindof curious to see the difference it will make as opposed to having my Denon 3805 bi-amped using the rear surround amps as well as the front L/R. I've seen alot of discussion on here about this and heard both sides input. I figured it sounded pretty good(actually very good) the way it was but in the true nature of the upgrade bug......i was willing to spend $500CDN to see if it could sound better.
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W