RT55i Tweeters

Options
PJankins
PJankins Posts: 2
edited October 2001 in Technical/Setup
When I listen to the radio my speakers work fine but when I put in a CD nothings comes from the tweeters
Post edited by PJankins on

Comments

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Souds like a CD player problem to me. Have you tried a different CD player?

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • joelll
    joelll Posts: 120
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Hello...

If you can describe the system to which your RT55i's are attached, it might be possible to diagnose what's wrong. So what receiver/CD/amplifier/etc/whatever are your Polks attached to?

joel
  • PJankins
    PJankins Posts: 2
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I found the problem it sounds stupid but my reciever his two sets of mains. I biwired the speakers using both the A and B sets. The high freq. was on the B set and I simply forgot to set the reciever to both AB in the the CD mode.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I hate to break it to you, but that's not bi-wiring. That's ghetto bi-amping. To bi-wire your speakers you run two sets of wire from ONE terminal on the receiver to TWO terminals on the speakers. Using your system with the A and B terminals going to the same speakers doesn't buy you anything. More than likely it's worse.

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Ghetto Bi-amping WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Man! I was laughing so hard that I whacked my head on my desk, thanks a lot Aaron....ghetto bi-amping...

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I'll be here all night.

Aaron :D
  • builderjw
    builderjw Posts: 1
    edited October 2001
    Options
    ahh yeah, but that is bi amping. 55i's are set up to be bi amped. so is it now burb amping?:D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    Options
    ....the A/B speakers run off the same power supply on most receivers so it isn't like you are using two separate amps hence it does seem an a appropriate term. Burb bi-amping, I would consider if you actually used separate amps.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut