cables

Options
Jockos
Jockos Posts: 310
edited July 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
I currently purchased some Monster Interlink 100 cables at radio shack for $8. I used them for connecting my preamp to amplifier. I know monster cable is not considered to be good cables; but will these be sufficient for now or should I use my old RS golds.

Jockos
Post edited by Jockos on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2006
    Options
    hey whatever floats your boat.. i won't say one way or another..it's your system.. you can use whatever cables you like. did you notice any difference between them? use the better sounding cables.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Experiment man. Don't settle on one thing, keep them cables rolling. Don't ask us, do what your ears tell you.
  • josh_parsons626
    josh_parsons626 Posts: 219
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Honestly they are right. Do whatever sounds best to YOU, but I have Monster Cables for everything and I absolutely swear by them. But to each his own though ya know.
    Don't forget to look at My Home Theater :D

Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR503
    Fronts - Polk Audio Monitor 40
    Center - Polk Audio CS1
    Surrounds - Paradigm Cinema ADP
    Subwoofer - Velodyne VRP-1200
  • Jockos
    Jockos Posts: 310
    edited July 2006
    Options
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2006
    Options
    If you want try something (relatively) affordable, that will take entry-level Monster Cable to the cleaners:

http://www.signalcable.com/
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore