Polk LSI 15's for sale

Options
Jockos
Jockos Posts: 310
edited July 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'm selling my Polk LSI 15's. Mint cond. no scratch's or nicks just dusty. hardly used ;cherry finished. I am going back to my older RTA 11's. Don't really care for the sound. $1100 Since I live in hawaii local pickup only problaby, I would ship but I don't have the boxes any more; unless someone interested has a solution.

Aloha Jockos
Post edited by Jockos on

Comments

• Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Does anyone else on the forum even live in Hawaii? Yolu might have a rough time selling these, good luck.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Have you given the LSi a chance to break in?
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Jockos -- what are you powering the 15's with?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Refefer wrote:
    Does anyone else on the forum even live in Hawaii? Yolu might have a rough time selling these, good luck.
    Warren lives in Pearl Harbor--but, I haven't seen him around in awhile. Good luck with your sale!
  • Jockos
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I'm powering them with a Nad 370. I think the lsi's sound a little dull compared to my older polks. The RTA 11's sound full and crisp. Maybe I've been listening to the older polks too long. I've had the polks for about 1 year.
    Thanks
  • Jockos
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Update: dropped the price to $1000 if anybody knows how to ship these please entertain as I do not have the original boxes.

Jockos
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2006
    Options
    To ship them you are going to have to get double boxes, bubble wrap, rigid foam, plastic bags and packing tape.

First you need to put each speaker in some sort of bag, a heavy duty plastic one. But smooth so it does not scratch the veneer.

Then you need to wrap each speaker in bubble wrap, recommend three individual layers, tape each layer seperately.

Then put the speaker in the first box, use rigid foam top and bottom to hold the speaker in place, leave the air space between the body of the speaker wrapped in the bubble wrap and the sidewall of the box alone.

Put that box inside the other box, then again use rigid foam top and bottom to hold everything in place. You may want to foam the bottom prior to putting the first box in there, just depends on access. You can attach the foam to the bottom of the speaker box first if that is easier.

Mark the boxes showing which side is up, fragile and so on, I would insure each speaker for at least the sale price.

Make sure you take pictures of each step for documentation. You can ask the shipper for their written policy regarding proper shipping containers, air space, packaging material and so on. Take pictures of the speakers all sides prior to wrapping them to document there condition.

Even after all that there is no "guaranteed", method to be positive the speakers will arrived undamaged. However, I have used the above method with some measure of success.

RT1 assumes no liability if you follow these instructions and the articles are damaged, this is simply advice and no bailment is created, ship at your own risk. The shipping companies are a bear to deal with on claims, many here have experience with them including myself, I have recovered damages from them but it takes effort on both sides.

Now if you still want to ship them Rock On.

RT1
  • Jockos
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Thanks reeltrouble, boy that sure is alot of trouble, hope someone here locally is interested.

Jockos
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited July 2006
    Options
    RT1 is right, they (any speaker or gear) need to be packed to withstand a bomb blast. Another option would be to use a crating/freight company and let them do all the work.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk