Fs: Audio Gear

Options
ND13
ND13 Posts: 7,601
edited July 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Pics will have to come later, as I'm at work.

First- A Modded pair of Oak Carver ALIIIs(not the pluses, which is a plus IMO) that I just picked up from SCompRacer a month or two ago. They are in well above average shape and have upgraded wiring(Cardas, I believe), woofers(Infinity). Rich will correct me if I made any mistakes on the mods. The woofer and wiring upgrades made a HUGE difference, for the better of course, in the bass impact, response, etc. Of course I just want to recoup my investment, which is more than fair @ $800. I will consider delivery up to 200 miles or so for gas money. Only selling them because I have a fellow holding me a set of the Silvers.
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16967&d=1148910553

Second- AMC 2100 SAND amp in 9/10 shape. Conservatively rated @ 100 wpc @ 8 ohms and drove my 4ohm speakers with ease, Guessing it to be around 150 wpc @ 4 ohms. Drove everything I've ever used on with ease. Very nice, well built amp, looks to have been built in the same factory that is assembling some of the NAD amps. $200 + actual shipping and insurance costs from 47362.

Third- Parasound HCA 1200 II sand amp. This amp has made the CP rounds and I got it from George Daniel. It's in the exact same condition as the day I got it. 7/10 due to a slight bend on the left bottom coner of the faceplate, only visible when close. Still very presentable. 315 wpc @ 4ohms, which I believe to be conservative. Gobs of available current. I think I paid $450-475 shipped. I'll take $400 + actual shipping and insurance. I want another big tube amp which means 40+ wpc, will consider a trade for a tube amp.

Fourth- An extremely clean pair of ASL Wave 20 monoblocks that I picked up from doro. Complete with boxes and all. I paid $300 for the pair with the stock tubes. They now have matched Sovtek 5881s(just barely getting broke in good) per Russ' suggestion and JJ 12AX7 drivers. With the new tubes, $325 + shipping and insurance. Other tube alternatives can be discussed.

Fifth- A pristine Sony TC-270 Reel to Reel player that has been used only 2-3 times, REALLY. The last 2 half-assed shape ones went for between $250-290 on Ebay and this one still has some of the stickers and tags still on it. Comes with everything it came(detachable speakers, cables, microphone(s), etc) with except manual. $125 + actual shipping and insurance. It's sort of heavy.
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13796&d=1138675147

As always with me, interesting trades(tube gear, unique stuff, etc) will be considered, and they don't have to be even trades, either. Will trade up or down.

Thanks for your consideration,

Noel

Please PM me or post on this thread. I rarely check my Hotmail acount.
"SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
Post edited by ND13 on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I wish I had the funds for that Para amp. How does the AMC sound im comparison?
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Polkmaniac wrote:
    I wish I had the funds for that Para amp. How does the AMC sound im comparison?

Actually, imo, very similar, just not as potent. Drove SDAs to extreme spls and cleanly. Drives my Advent easily, too and they aren't nearly as efficient.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I'll vouch that parasound kicks ****.. very strong solid amp..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2006
    Options
    faster100 wrote:
    I'll vouch that parasound kicks ****.. very strong solid amp..

Yep,its powerful,drove my 1C's without any problems,,will also dim the lights in you home,when powered up:D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,354
    edited July 2006
    Options
    The AL-III's have three controls on the back. They allowed the user some adjustment of the Q of the woofer along with the mid and high frequencies for listening preference/room acoustics.

The woofers are Infinity Reference 1040w's. The OEM thin gauge wiring to the woofers was upgraded with Cardas 11.5 AWG chassis wire. The binding posts are actually OEM but they are pretty decent as they are metal, not plastic.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    See, I knew he'd correct my mistakes:D

Btw, I saw a pair of the ALIII+s in 6/10 shape go for $1K and they were black:eek: It was just a few months ago, can't remember which site I saw them on, cause at the time I wasn't really looking to but any, but when I knew Rich was getting his Silvers, I said what the hell.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,354
    edited July 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    See, I knew he'd correct my mistakes:D
    You was close, I was there so I should know.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Folks from the Chitown area, if you're interested in the Amazings, I will split the gas and deliver them, so I can come up for a visit to Norm's Rich's, and Victor's places.
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited July 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Btw, I saw a pair of the ALIII+s in 6/10 shape go for $1K and they were black:eek:
    There were a pair of AL-III's in ebay 2-3 months ago ended at $1200
    which didn't meet the reserve. It was in my area, that's why I paid attention.
    This is an excellent price for this condition with the upgrade woofers.
    I just purchased 2 Infinity 1040w to upgrade mine, the cost is $125 which
    was the best price I could find. It is a bargain!!

Noel, what are you up to? You must have something to drive the Silver ;)
    Whatever it is, it won't be too shabby for sure :D

-fredv-
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    fredv wrote:
    There were a pair of AL-III's in ebay 2-3 months ago ended at $1200
    which didn't meet the reserve. It was in my area, that's why I paid attention.
    This is an excellent price for this condition with the upgrade woofers.
    I just purchased 2 Infinity 1040w to upgrade mine, the cost is $125 which
    was the best price I could find. It is a bargain!!

Noel, what are you up to? You must have something to drive the Silver ;)
    Whatever it is, it won't be too shabby for sure :D

Lots of big tubes!!!:p
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Bump
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited July 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Lots of big tubes!!!:p
    I could figure at least that much :cool: I am sure you will let us know when all dust settle :D

-fredv-
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    bump:o
  • faster100
    edited July 2006
    Options
    all this gear and not one nibble? Good luck Noel with the sale. Those wave 20's look interesting only ive spent to much on this lsi endeavor already :D and ordered a amp today..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Prices reduced
  • Jockos
    Jockos Posts: 310
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Just a shot in the dark, I have 2 pairs of RTi 15's I'll trade for the amc.

Jockos
  • faster100
    edited July 2006
    Options
    what prices were reduced noel? so we know
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I really like those Carvers and that's a sweet deal, you folks are crazy.

The ASL Wave amps that I sold Noel awhile ago are perfect for the individual that's hesitating getting into the unknown. They are a simple design, allow you to adjust the bias manually...which you should always know how to do when it comes to tubes, and just plain sound good.

We had those on Polk RTA8T, Monitor 10A, LSi7, Dahlquist DQM-9 and Mission Argonaut @ MD Polkfest '05...and they never skipped a beat. The RTA8's were phenom...just ask Matt Polk :) Look at the autographed LSi7...

closeup.php?userid=68017&pic=238_161_big.jpg
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ND13
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I dropped the Psound. the ASLs and the Sony $25 which should cover most if not all of the shipping costs.

I've been driving Monitor 7As and RTA 8TLs with the ASLs and it's a really sweet sound and plenty of power for most anyone, unless they're insane.