I guess RTI rears arent that exciting??

faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited October 2002 in Speakers
Well i wrote a question about what rears were better,worse or what and got no answer, Oh well anyways i ordered the RTI 28's today and should be here next week, Their not the LSI line you all like so well but they should match the rest that i have fine, thanks guys
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    faster100,
    it's all exciting.The rti line is a wonderfull line to get into,just about everyone in here has own one or more of that line.The Lsi line is like a natural upgrade after you enjoyed the rt line for so long.

Rti28's for rears.........nice job.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    hey Thanks, Can't wait to get them,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2002
    I'm still very happy with my RTI line! I do have the 55's for surround L/R and am considering a home uprgade to the 55i. I believe I read that the sensitivity is increased by this upgrade... is this true?
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Wow thats a big surround speaker choice, I had the RT55i's for front mains and traded them in for the RTI70's and love them even more then the 55i's, I plan on maybe getting the FXI30's for surround sides at a later date, I just ordered the RTI28's for rears and i will move my R15's to the surround backs. I also want to upgrade my center from the CSI30 to the 40 which is BI-wireable and larger then the 30 in all ways, I then think i will be happy for awhile. I just can't afford the LSI's yet. I decided to keep my onkyo 504 amp for my mains and just use the receivers amp for the rest of the speaks in the system. I am happy with the RTI line for sure, i just get caught up in all the LSI hoopla and wanted them, I know they are superior to the RTIs but of course at twice the price they should be,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • HBombToo
    edited October 2002
    Ya...... its easy to cought up in the upgrade fever. The "WAF" has kept me under control. She is good to me though when it comes to this stuff.

Last night had some tunes going instead of tv... the 2 year old and I were dancing in the middle of the room haven a good old time when the wife came in and said, "Damn that sounds gooooood", I immediatly got a chub on and all three of us were dancing like fools. I LOVE this family thing! Should have started along time ago!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Sounds like me and my 4 year old, we do that all the time. I now have a brand new 3 month old and she loves to go to sleep with the music kinda up on a mellow music station, I sure love these 70's with the onkyo amp bi-AMPED , On music its very solid!! Hey i also just invested in a SPL meter and have set everything to the meter, seems the bass is lower than i want at 5db higher then the rest which is about -3 db on the receiver sub out level. I also tried putting the sub in the front of my projection TV like they have in the local HI-FI shop i visit now and then.... The bass isnt as loud as when i have it close to the corner next to the TV....

I want a new Polk sub soooo bad, I'm tired of this JBL 12", it works fine, But i have nothing to compare it to as this is the only sub i have had for 6 years...... and before that was a rat shack non powered about 8 years ago and its long gone now...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • HBombToo
    edited October 2002
    When I listen to tunes I set the speaks to large and don't even mess with the sub. This way if I do get the wild hair up the but syndrome I can play around with the theater/hall processors in the h/k. They are actually pretty cool to play around with.

My 2 year old loves music... She just JAMS! I think I'm pretty lucky because she really likes the classic rock so we at least have that in common.

I'm playing around with my 350 for now but I'll probably go with the svc 20 series next spring. Right now I'm set on a dvd player uprade and possibly a vidio scaler.

Two paths to same same end... another upgrade and an upset wife!
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Yes i do beleive my next upgrade is the sub, Then maybe the dvd player, as mine now is a RCA which although cost $350.00 i want maybe a HK or Onkyo dvd as i have heard they are decent and i don't plan to spend over5-6 hundred if possible...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited October 2002
    I hope you are happy with the RT28I. I think the FX dipole speakers are better for the rear surround channels.
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Well they were nearly 100.00 more so for now i got the 28's, i actually now plan to get the fxi30's next and make those my surrounds on the side walls, Thanks for your opinions
    I found a dealer online that i got the 28's new in bow for $225.00 + shipping, Not on e-bay but an actual website company... The Fxi30's were 299.00 and they woulda gave me free shipping at the time, so i just didn't have the extra 75 bucks, i guess thats what having 2 kids and a family will do to ya, they kinda come first. But when i save again, LOL i will have something new and will let yall know.....
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited October 2002
    I use the CS245i for direct radiating surrounds - a LOT of speaker for the dough and timbre matching all around.

Also, Polks subs are OK - I have always liked their sound but they don't dig that deep and they have limited SPL capability, even the PSW650. The lone exception is the now OOP PSW1200, which is a real groudbreaker. Look into HSU or SVS as leaders in high performance subs, or check into DIY.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Thats interesting, So you have 2 center speakers for surrounds and how are they mounted? Just wondering
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Dr. Spec
    edited October 2002
    I stood them up on end like my RT800i towers. They are on a book shelf in the back of the room.

Also see above - I edited my previous post to add some sub info.

Doc

SVS
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Looks good, Good idea.... Someone told me the best for surrounds was the FXI series, well you could ask 100 people and i bet 25 people would say the same thing and the other 75 would have different opinions. I guess its trial and error in this game but as for now i have ordered and paid for my RTI28's for rears and we will see what they sound like, Then the ol R15's will be surround backs until i get something better to replace them. They are strangly a loud speaker for the size at high volumes when i listen to all channel stereo for CD's and radio. They never distort even when i had the carver m400 on them for a few days. Well im off, let me know any more ideas always glad to hear suggestions.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited October 2002
    Also i would love to have a SVS but that would be some saving for me, wish other retailers were selling them at a cheaper rate. Oh well I have a friend with a so-so system and i have been waiting to unload some of my "better" stuff to him so i can upgrade and he keeps saying when ya gonna sell that sub? and what ever else... hehe so maybe sooner than later
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Dr spec,
    I loveit.....that looks cool man..using center channels as rears.......I bet they sound great.......good job man and creative.
    Dan
  • Dr. Spec
    edited October 2002
    Thanx big M! Great to see you back!

Doc

SVS
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Been back for awhile....thanks bud.
    Dan
  • Dr. Spec
    edited October 2002
    I know.......I have closely followed your trials and tribulations on this forum - then the UFO sightings, everything. I saw exactly when you came back "oh look, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mantis" or something to that effect. Stick around this time - not the same without you.

Doc

SVS
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Are you stalking me like Russ does????Russ can tell you every post/word/date that Ive posted in here.....pop quiz him he will reply with stellar replies........:)

The look it's a mantis thing was twisted I know but I thought it was kinda funny....:D

I like it in here to much to leave for good........well unless you start spell checking my posts then I might have to leave again...;)

I just love this place........:p
    Dan
  • capitan100
    capitan100 Posts: 172
    edited October 2002
    I actually have a set of towers for my rear. the rt1000i's with the built in subwoofers. for sacd, it sounds incredible...you hear the rumble behind you. I know they aren't really made for surrounds, but I like it just the same.
    Home Theater
    Sony DA7ES 7.1 A/V Receiver
    Sony DVP-NC80V - SACD/DVD player
    CS400 - Center channel
    RT2000i - Fronts
    RT1000i - Surrounds
    a/d/s MS3/u - subwoofer
    Hitachi 62 inch HD TV

2 Channel Room
    Niles HDL-4 Speaker Selector
    Niles HDL-6 Speaker Selector
    Sony V555ES receiver
    Sony DVP-S7700
    Polk SDA-2B
    Polk Monitor 5
    Thiel 03a
    B&W 2001 ZMF
    Signet SL-250 B/U
    a/d/s L400e
    Wharfedale Valdus 100SE
    Polk PSW 350 - subwoofer
    Pioneer Elite Big Screen
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited October 2002
    I also have RTi1000's for rears. Having everything set to large is as good as it gets. It takes alot of placement time to get the right effects. But it's awesome once you do.

edited October 2002
    I have RT55i as front and CS400 ctr...RTFX300 rears. I have a Denon 3802 rec'r. I want to get side surrounds like the RTFX500 to match my others. Trilaminate tweeters. Do you have any better idea's? thanks