City of Heroes

Options
AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
edited July 2006 in Video Games
Anyone else play this game? I got the trial version from a friend yesterday and spent 7 hours playing last night. I've never like role playing games, but this one is really cool. I can see this becoming very addicting, and one of my favorite games ever.

I was just curious if anyone else in here has played it
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I played it, and it's a good game. I just stay away from MMORPGs now.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited July 2006
    Options
    yeah, I've never played one and have never really wanted to. He's been trying to get me on this game for almost 6 months now and I've been resisting it, but finally decided yesterday that I'd give it a shot.

I've seen other people play Everquest and stuff like that, and this doesn't seem the same to me.
  • Demiurge
    edited July 2006
    Options
    It's different, but it's the same potential addiction. MMORPGs are just huge time sinks that are worse than other video games since it's hard to turn off or you don't get anywhere.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I can definitely see how it can become addicting. I looked up last night around 11:30 and 7 hours had passed, just like that.

I'm gonna stop on the way home tonight and pick up an alarm - I'm going to have to be very disciplined about how much time I play on a daily basis or I'll end up neglecting my wife and living in my mom's basement when I'm 35 munching on cheetos drinking a coke and playing City of Heroes.
  • Demiurge
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. Lots of normal folks play them now because of World of Warcraft. I never played Everquest or anything of the like, but WoW was a whole new world of gaming that was able to appeal to the mainstream gamer. It's just that you often have to schedule stuff in games like that because you almost always need a group to go anywhere in the game when it's all said and done. I didn't play COH to see how in-depth it is in that way, but I spent a many many months playing WoW, and yeah -- I made a crapload of money selling my character off just for being entertained, but it just wasn't worth it in the end.

Have fun with CoH, though! :D