Looking for 2 MW7100's for LS90's

Options
fatboy88
fatboy88 Posts: 3
edited July 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hi all,

First post for me. Please excuse If this is posted in the wrong area:confused:
I have a set of Polk LS90's that have apparently had 2 drivers go bad. When the left speaker is in the lower ranges, 2 of the drivers begin to rattle. If I press and hold in the drivers, the sound dissapears. Am I correct to assume that this would mean that these drivers are no longer good? I've had these speakers since they were new & have never abused them, so I find it strange that they have all of the sudden become rattling. All of my equiptment has been consistant for the past few years.

Anyway... If my above assumption is correct & I do need 2 new drivers, is there anyone out there that has these drivers available for sale?

Thanks all!
Post edited by fatboy88 on

Comments

• soiset
    soiset Posts: 724
    edited May 2006
    Options
    It sounds like you need new drivers. Polk will sell them to you for $52 each. I need one myself. Where are you located? Have you considered selling the LS90's?
  • fatboy88
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the info. When I called, they said they wanted $75 each. Did you confirm that price with them?
    I'm located outsde of Phila PA.
    As to selling the LS90's, I really love them and do not wish to part with them at this time.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Mention that you are a Polk Forum member and you will receive a discount, plus free shipping. If you call customer service, ask to speak with Ken. Hope you enjoy your speakers for several more years to come.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • soiset
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Per Ken S.

"...The MW7100 has been superseded by the MW7010 which has the same specifications. We have well over 1,000 of these so I don't believe there will be a problem."

Have you considered taking them to a shop to have them repaired?
  • fatboy88
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Thanks Ken S. I have contacted the location where I purchased these which is Tweeter. They advised me to either bring them in or purchase the drivers directly. I do intend to keep these speakers. You mentioned the MW7010's, as there are 4 drivers per speaker & I have 2 bad drivers in one of them, would there be any problem having these intermixed with the MW7100's?
    Thanks again!
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Buy 2, and if you hear a problem, buy two more...otherwise don't worry about it.
  • soiset
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Are you still shopping for those drivers? I might be able to get some used 7010's. What are you looking to spend on them?
  • soiset
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I can now spare some MW7100's. PM me if you are still interested.