anthem amp 1

Options
ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited June 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Picked one of these up off audiogon. Was close enough for me to pick up, and there is just something about dealing with someone that calls himself "The Audio Pimp" thats to cool to pass up. :D

anyway, its sitting nestled in its box in the back of my trunk, the new set will be as follows

Anthem Pre2l tube preamp
Anthem Amp 1 tube amp
Jolida JD100 Tube CD player
Bozak Symphony speakers

I really like the little SET baby amp I got from Hoosier, but with my big basement, I need a little more tube juice (it's better than any 10 watts has any business being). I wish I had a small room to put it in since it is a sweet sounding little amp, but I will probably sell it.

I'll get pics when its set up.
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2006
    Options
    What happened with the 502B?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Dibs!!! LOL gotta be quick around here :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    communication just went smoother that with the guy with the 502b. took him a while to get back to me. I have heard good things about both units so I figured I couldnt go wrong either way.

besides, I hate going to manhattan and only do so when I absolutly have too. :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    faster100 wrote:
    Dibs!!! LOL gotta be quick around here :D

I'll keep ya posted bud ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Cool!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Nice. Running all tubes is fun. Let us know how it sounds.

btw, which SET amp did you play with?
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    organ wrote:
    Nice. Running all tubes is fun. Let us know how it sounds.

btw, which SET amp did you play with?

the Sophia Electric Baby amp 10 watts a channel class A
    it isnt SET as in Single ended triode, thats the initials for Sophia Electric Technology.

great little amp
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited June 2006
    Options
    hmm, convenient company name for a low powered amp...
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Refefer wrote:
    hmm, convenient company name for a low powered amp...

yeah, I thought that too when I first researched it :rolleyes:

is a well regarded amp though with plenty of good reviews. sounds great on my Bozaks. Just a skosh to light for my very big basement though. I'm not selling until I know I like the sound of the Anthem though.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Lou, you've got a pm - let me get both of the Anthem peices kicked up a notch for you.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2006
    Options
    it's a tube hybird--right
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2006
    Options
    No, its push pull, just has small iron (to meet the pricepoint).

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Lou, you've got a pm - let me get both of the Anthem peices kicked up a notch for you.
    Oooh, now that sounds nice!
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Lou you got another amp and did not ask me to take a road trip with ya. Whats wrong. Look foward to hearing it.
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Lou you got another amp and did not ask me to take a road trip with ya. Whats wrong. Look foward to hearing it.

Good news = you got first crack at the Radii
    Bad news = got to act a little fast

the audio fund needs replenishment :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Lou,

How was it dealing with the audio-pimp, I see he has some nice gear for sale and seems like a stand up guy, I will have to take a ride to his place to see what he has, his web-site seems to show he got some juice, let me know.

CRj
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I wound up going to his house. thats where mosat of his stuff seems to be. he really doesnt have a walk in store, but people must go there, because he had rooms set up for demo. esoteric stuff I havent heard of.

nice guy, Anthem was in the box, well packed. I'd definitly deal with him again
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    well, the rig is up and running. me likey. long story short, 40 watts is ALOT of tube power. this system has got balls to spare boy!

first half hour, things sounded iffy, but after warm up, wow. not too soft, not too hard. just right. the soundstage is a little deeper than with the Baby amp. still have more listening to do.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited June 2006
    Options
    pics are up in the showcase, pardon the shoddy appearance, my basement is a horror show. the 2 channel pics are on the bottom of the theater pics

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=49694
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• audiobliss
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Nice rig you've got goin', for sure. Mess an' all! :p
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Very nice,indeed :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Looking good, I'd like to get an ear on those Bozaks myself.

The Anthem gear is GOOD stuff, steals within thier respective pricepoints.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut