FS: BIC Center Channel

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited June 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is a modified BIC DV-62CLRS center channel speaker in 9/10 condition. The speaker was modified by Ed Frias. I purchased this speaker directly from him about four months ago. I'm selling only because I found a timbre match for my fronts.

As I have mentioned in previous posts here on the forum, this center channel is very highly regarded. (See this thread: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...&highlight=BIC) IMO, at a fraction of the cost, this center channel spanks the pants off the Polk Csi-40 which I used to own.

See the reviews here and take special note of what many of the reviewers have to say about the Ed Frias modified versions: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speak...3_2743crx.aspx

This BIC has an “extensive modification” which includes the measuring of all drivers to make sure they are balanced and meet specs, rebuilding the crossovers to a much higher standard of accuracy, and measuring all components to make perfectly matching pairs. All capacitors, resistors and inductors are measured and matched within 1% of each other. Not only is the midrange and highs improved with this modification, but the bass is also improved (cleaner and tighter) by using much higher-grade inductors. This completely reworked version produces audiophile quality sound and presents a cleaner, smoother and more accurate sound than the stock version!

Price is $95 plus actual shipping costs in USA only. PayPal is preferred. It will ship in the original box. Post here, then PM me if interested.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• Early B.
    edited June 2006
    *Bump*
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited June 2006
    Early B, your links above do not work.
  • Early B.
    edited June 2006
    Not sure why, but thanks for letting me know that the links don't work.

If anyone wants to research the BIC center channel, please go to www.audioreview.com and use the search feature. You'll be impressed.