Looking for Cassette Adapter from Roady XT

Options
Mike682
Mike682 Posts: 2,074
edited June 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Does anyone have a leftover cassetter adapter that is packaged with the Delphi Roady XT?

I lost mine (I use it for my iPod) and bought a replacement phillips adapter that sounds like crap.

Thanks
Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
Mains: polk R30
Center: polk CSi3
Rear Surrounds: polk R20
Subwoofer: polk PSW404
DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
Post edited by Mike682 on

Comments

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the Roady XT- do you need some sort of special plug, or just a 1/8" stereo phone plug, like a mini headphone plug? If that's it, I do have a cassette adapter, somewhere. I just have to find it. It's a Sony- I think it came with a minidisc player. I'm not sure it's ever been used so I have no idea if it will sound better than the one you bought. It's yours, though, if you want it (and if I can find it, of course). I know it's here somewhere, because I saw it a while back when I was looking for something else :o. That happens alot around my house...

Jason
  • szhleppy
    szhleppy Posts: 320
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I've got one that came with the car kit for my Pioneer Inno. If you want it, PM me your addy and I'll send it over...otherwise it will probably end up in the trash.
  • jcaut
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Not to derail this, but I'm wondering why there would be much difference in sound quality? The only thing I can think of has to do with the proper alignment of the adapter and the tape head. I figure all those cassette adapters are probably made by one or two companies (probably Phillips or Sony). I could be wrong..
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited June 2006
    Options
    jcaut wrote:
    Not to derail this, but I'm wondering why there would be much difference in sound quality? The only thing I can think of has to do with the proper alignment of the adapter and the tape head. I figure all those cassette adapters are probably made by one or two companies (probably Phillips or Sony). I could be wrong..

I figured the same. But to be honest, in my experience between the two adapters, there is a difference in sound quality. Why? I don't really know. However, I did notice a sound difference immediately and the wife even commented on how "tinny" the phillips sounded. For some reason the adapter that was packaged with the Roady XT was actually very good and sounded much better. Wierd..

Thanks for the offers guys, I appreciate it. Jason, if you can't find the adapter let me know. I will send a pm to szhleppy after your response.

Once again, thank you to both of you guys
    Mike
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • jcaut
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Mike,

I'll look for that adapter tonight and let you know in the morning.

Jason