for sale 2-CSi-40's

dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
I have 2 CSi-40's that I was going to use in a second theater but desided not to. I have tried them as rear speakers in my theater and they were slightly better (can't really describe how other then just better) then the 70's for rear duty but the wife dosen't care for the looks of them in the rear compared to the 70's. They look and sound new, come with boxes and owners manuals. I will sell them for $200+ shipping (and ins. if required. They will ship from Pa 16159 so you can get an est. price of shipping I am willing to accept payment for the speakers now and will included a reciept for the shipping (and ins. if required) in the box that can be paid for after the speaker/ speakers arrives.
They both look the same so I have put only one pic of the speakers. Sorry if it dosen't look the best it's time for a new camera.

Thanks Dave

*EDIT* New pics below
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• dave shepard
    edited March 2006
    Just wanted to clearify the price is for each.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited April 2006
    I am still interested, but am I working on the wife. I watched the following go this last weekend, would you say they are in better, or worse condition?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9705607601&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1
  • dave shepard
    edited April 2006
    Dave,
    Sorry for the delay in responding. My 40's don't have a mark on them. they have been in the closet for 90% of the time I have had them and were only used for a short time for rear duty in my theater and while I liked their sound better then my 70's I have in the rear my wife didn't like the looks of them there compaired to the 70's (gotta keep the wife happy) otherwise the 70's would be for sale. If I can I will try to get a better shot of them for you maybe outside so the flash dosen't have to go off. I will post the pic when I get home from work (5:00pm).

Dave S
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2006
    *edit* question answered
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2006
    double post...
  • dave shepard
    edited April 2006
    I hope these pics are better. I did find that one of the speakers has 2 sticky rubber feet that must have fallen off from moving them around in and out of the boxes for pics, I can get replacement ones for you if you would like other then that there is nothing wrong with them at all.

Dave

*EDIT* New camera, new pics
  • dave shepard
    edited April 2006
    I think that is probably going to be the best this POS Fugi 1.3 mega pixel camera will do sorry.

Dave
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2006
    I have free extra rubber feet for the buyer, if that's an issue.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dave shepard
    edited April 2006
    Thank You Doro, that's nice of you.

Dave
  • DollarDave
    edited April 2006
    I know there are a 1,000 opinions on this, and it is always best to hear things to make your own judgements of what sounds best to you personally...But, I do not have the luxury of doing a side-by-sde test of a CSi5 and a CSi40. How do they differ in sound?

I have TC-265s for fronts and TC-615s for rears, without a sub at this point. The price is right for a CSi40, I just want to be sure that I get the best center for my application - another couple hundred doesn't really matter in the long run if that's what takes to do it right. If the CSi40 is the right one, then I will save the money for a sub. Thoughts?
  • dave shepard
    edited April 2006
    DaveMuell wrote:
    I know there are a 1,000 opinions on this, and it is always best to hear things to make your own judgements of what sounds best to you personally...But, I do not have the luxury of doing a side-by-sde test of a CSi5 and a CSi40. How do they differ in sound?

I have TC-265s for fronts and TC-615s for rears, without a sub at this point. The price is right for a CSi40, I just want to be sure that I get the best center for my application - another couple hundred doesn't really matter in the long run if that's what takes to do it right. If the CSi40 is the right one, then I will save the money for a sub. Thoughts?

Dave,

I'm not sure on the side/side sound differance between the 5 & 40 they both are strong centers the 5 might be slightly brighter and slightly less in the mid to the 40 but as you stated that would be my impression of the sound.
    As for your other question I couldn't fairly answer, hopefully someone could chime in that could. Other then that to me the 40 is quite a speaker that I feel could be used in any position of a theater (front, rear, center or all) to me it dosen't dissapoint.

Dave
  • dave shepard
    edited May 2006
  • dave shepard
    edited May 2006
    Price drop $180ea.+ shipping
  • frodaddy
    frodaddy Posts: 124
    edited May 2006
    Wow what a great deal!! I can't believe you haven't sold these yet!! The CSi40 is an awesome center channel, and this is an amazing price.

Bump for you... good luck :cool:
    Fronts: DIY Statements from htguide.com
    Center: DIY custom Statement center from htguide.com
    Surrounds: Four DIY custom Mini Statements
    Wire: HD-14
    Receiver: Denon AVR-4806 + CI upgrade
    Amps: Dual Emotiva LPA-1's
    Sub: Infinite Baffle: 8 fiCarAudio IB315 woofers, Behringer DSP1124P EQ, Elemental Designs eQ.2, Dual EP4000 amps
    Transducers: 2 buttkicker LFE's, BK amp, EQ'd w/DSP1124p
    DVD: Toshiba HD-XA2 / PS3
    TV: Samsung 1080p 61" DLP
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, I'm surprised these haven't gone yet. I have one and love it. Where in Western PA are you Dave?
    Carl

• dave shepard
    edited May 2006
    I live in West Middlesex, on the border of Youngstown, Oh. Thanks guys, hopefully they sell the wife wants them gone and I have other speakers that will be put up after these sell.

Dave
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    You live right across the state line from the SVS factory. Pay them a visit sometime, nice people, great subs!:)
    Carl

• dave shepard
    edited May 2006
    One being held pending funds for Dave Muell.
    I still have one left it has 2 rubber feet missing but other then that not a scratch. I opened the box to make sure everything was in there and they still have the new smell.

Thanks
    Dave
  • dave shepard
    edited May 2006
    I have recieved payment from Dave Muell and have shipped it today. I still have one left for sale.

Thanks
    Dave
  • DollarDave
    edited May 2006
    Received the CSi-40 today! It was in the original box and in fantastic, like-new condition!

Hooked it up tonight and it sounds great!

A++ for Dave Sheppard. He even went out of his way to help fix some shipping problems.

Next upgrade is my amplification - will solicit ideas as I get closer to my birthday in August...
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited June 2006
    Dave, I'll take the other if still available. PM sent.
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • dave shepard
    edited June 2006
    Awaiting funds for the last one.
  • gshisme
    edited June 2006
    Awaiting funds for the last one.

On it's way today Dave.
  • dave shepard
    edited June 2006
    All speakers sold.

Thanks everybody

Dave
  • gshisme
    edited June 2006
    It has arrived in tip-top shape. Another good polkie deal. I'll give shack a shout for ya.