SDA CRS and CRS+ HELP!!!

har_navalta
har_navalta Posts: 957
edited October 2002 in Speakers
The SDA CRS and CRS+, how do you rate them for REAR CHANNEL or SURROUND BACKS Speakers, because I'm planning to have CRS for this Channels...

Also what about for Center Channel are they superior to any
other models like the LSiC's.

Please give me idea if they will perform better as Rear or Backs
speakers and also for Centers.

Lastly, SDA CRS and CRS+ whats the comparison between these two and whos better.

Thanks,
har
Post edited by har_navalta on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2002
    Har,

They work well for rear/surround/center, but the timbre match may be a small problem since you have SL3000 tweeters in the monsters, still a better match than the LSiC's. The + is the better one, upgraded crossover. Why not use the 1.2TL's in the front and the 2.3TL's in the rear? It's been stated by others that you really don't need a center with the SDA's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• har_navalta
    edited October 2002
    Jess,

You have a good point, I should try to set up the 2.3TL's as
    rears... I will do it during the weekends and see what the effect will be.

Thanks,
    Har
  • F1nut
    edited October 2002
    Har,

Cool, let us know what you think.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• har_navalta
    edited October 2002
    It is hard to imagine that the CRS+ is much better with upgraded
    crossovers than the CRS with 2-SL2000 tweeters compared to
    1-SL2000.

Har
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited October 2002
    Har,

The CRS with two tweeters used one of the tweeters for SDA imaging. Polk later found out that the frequencies that generated the SDA imaging effect were mainly in the midrage. Furthermore, their research showed that extending the SDA crosstalk cancellation feature into the treble region actually diminished the width of the soundstage.

I use a pair of CRS+'s for my center channel speakers. They mate seamlessly with my 1C fronts. It is true that you can get away with not having a center speaker if you are using SDA's, but a "phantom" center won't give you the same sonic impact.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • har_navalta
    edited October 2002
    Thanks raife, you are very knowledgeable for SDA line speakers, actually I want to address this question to you but I do know you will reply and you did, again thanks...and Jess did you started modifying your 2.3TL's? I'm still waiting the diagrams from Ken, gather all the necessary replacement parts.

So anyone who want to sell their CRS+, let me know.

Thanks guys for the info,
    Har
  • F1nut
    edited October 2002
    Har,

Still waiting too.

President of Club Polk

• har_navalta
    edited October 2002
    Still Looking a Pair of SDA CRS+... if anyone want to sell, please let me know:D

Har