FS: Denon TU-501 Tuna - Serviced / Aligned

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited June 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Denon TU-501 AM/FM Tuna

Aligned by Jim Rivers of fmtunerinfo.com. This was one of his personal tuners that I bought from him about a year ago. Nice 4-gang tuner, sold for $340 in 1979. Excellent overall condition. Very minor marking on top, facia is perfect, with all lettering intact.

Tunes GREAT, pulls in stations ALMOST as good as my heavily modded Sansui 417. Neat planetary style tuning dial. Lots of great features, including output level meters (db) for each channel. If one wanted to, with the flick of a switch on the front panel - you can hook up an additional run of speaker wires from your amp, and have the meters display power output from your amp. All display lights are working as they should.

Not seen very often, this is the only one I have EVER come across. Great sounding, rare tuna - for only..................

$OLD

See how good FM can sound on your system. I love late nights on Classical 101.1, or let the kids rock out to radio Disney on Saturday afternoon.

Any questions? Email me direct . Item will ship FedEx Ground and packed to withstand an atomic blast. Paypal, Money Orders accepted - personal checks ok from return buyers.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2006
    Options
    pretty neat there man. I've never seen a Denon tuner like that before either.

for anyone who has been turned off by listening to music on a FM radio.. you really owe it to yourself to own a stand alone tuner like this one at some point in your life. Alot of todays tuners don't sound as good as the older ones like this.

A good FM tuner can make listening to music on the radio bearable again.

good luck with the sale.. that's a nice looking piece of gear.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Yep, a decent tuning section, properly aligned - you'll hear what you've been missing. Sure, there are still commercials here and there, but they don't charge you $12 a month for it either. ;)

Thanks Al.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Man, I'm seriously pulling my hair out over here. I'm gonna want a tuner as soon as I can afford one, as I have no means of listening to the radio in my room! And I'd love to have something vintage in the system.

You gonna have other nice tuners down the road?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:

You gonna have other nice tuners down the road?

He gets boat loads of tuners. I don't think anyone on here have sold as many tuna's as Russ.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I've got some gruntball nothing special Pioneer and Kenwood coming, assuming they work, and I replace bulbs etc - but they won't be aligned - they simply aren't worth enough for me to have that done.

That being said, no, this won't be the last decent tuna I sell, thats for sure. Just a question of when, not if.

EDIT- Still available, audiobliss and I talked offline, he's waiting for the next one.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Sold
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Wow, that didn't take long. Maybe I should have just sucked it up and bought it. :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2006
    Options
    RuSs doesn't mince words.. when it comes to audio gear.. if he says it's good.. then you can bet it's solid.. older tuners do require regular alignment and care.. so that tuner should be good to go for many more years still. ;)

there will be more i'm sure.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: