6v6 tube amp for sale

faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited June 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Ok i am fixing to change a bunch of stuff around here and i'm letting go of some of my toys, played enough now its time to go.

Its a console amp 50's or 60's from a sylvania vintage console.. I made the wood cabinet surround, it has a heavy power cord with hospital plug, gold Rca inputs, binding post that will take 12 guage or bigger wire.. custom back plate, vintage glass jeweled pilot light... New off/on switch. chasis has been painted with silver hammertone paint, transformer with black gloss and the silver on top.. comes with an orginal vintage sylvania 6ca4 rectifier, your choice of 1 12ax7 driver tube.. Rca, sylvania, or a few others i can look and see what i have and a set of motorola and kenrad 6v6gt tubes, kinda used.. but if ya pay my asking price i'll throw in the original sylvania 6v6gt tubes tested like new..all rewired with monster bulk 14 guage (all i had) wire No hums, about 5 watts a channel.. clean..

This is a diy type project so they may be imperfections, a few scratches... but mostly it looks real nice and very presentable.. Its no frankinstein

$old !!!!!!!!!
I will post pictures shortly, but heres one i already posted before.. been useing this for months and all day today.. no problems and a great start into tubes for the office, computer, abient listening..

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15991&d=1145506937
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2006
    Cool little amp. SEP (single ended pentode), cathode bias (self biasing). Get a pair of vintage Russian 6F6 and you should get pretty decent sound out of it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • faster100
    edited June 2006
    It is a nice amp IMO, any interest let me know... work with me.. i'll work with ya, :)

$100 + actual ship, with 2 pair of 6v6 tubes to boot
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2006
    Damn you Cliff!!!
    Is it easy to get inside her? Is that the original can capacitor or a replacement? Auto bias?
    I want to get another SEP for triode conversion. This little guy should be down to an amazing 2.5w/ch in SET. Should be a sweet sound especially with the tube rectifier.

I get paid on the 17th and this is too tempting!
  • faster100
    edited June 2006
    Russman says its auto bias, and yes original can cap.. No hums though..

I'll put it back for ya Maurice.. It will come with bugle boy rectifer and original sylvania, original sylvania chrome top 6v6's and couple grunt miss matched 6v6's but they have the black carbon inside which is good i think..

2 screws on each side on top and the amp comes out... bottom is open.. rewired with 14 guage monster wire
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2006
    Awesome. Let me know how much shipping will cost. I'll hit the bank next week for your m/o.

This should be a fun project. I'm gonna keep Russ' SEP in Pentode and turn this one into a SET.

Thanks

Maurice
  • faster100
    edited June 2006
    I'll pm tomorrow with shipping details.. Thanks alot Maurice.. I am very glad you are getting this.. I put alot of work into it and just today decided to pass it along.. Ive had my fun with it, I have the bigger push/pull 6v6 to get to work on anyways.. same mods.. case, binders, power light and switch, and so on...

Thanks, and SOLD!!
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp