Fisher yard sale find

Options
capecodder
capecodder Posts: 613
edited June 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Anyone heard of or know anything about a Fisher 600T FM receiver? Picked one up today at a yard sale. Pretty heavy and I thought it was a tube unit until I opened it up at home. Its solid state but looks pretty well made. Haven't hooked it up or anything and there's not much info on internet about it. All in all in pretty good cosmetic shape and it has the wood cabinet.
Post edited by capecodder on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2006
    Options
    The Fisher Doctor

I've picked up a couple 400 series and an 1800 in my travels. They are neat to find and fun to play with, but I always move them down the road. I usually strip them down for parts if they are slagged.

There's a pic of the guts of a 400T in the "Show Me Your ****...." thread. 20+ tubes and all point to point wiring is real impressive to see in person.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • capecodder
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Yeah I went to Fisher Doctor site but didn't have anything (that I saw) on this model.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Neat find. Let us know how it sounds in the rig!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Does it look like this? I mean, sort of.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2006
    Options
    capecodder wrote:
    Yeah I went to Fisher Doctor site but didn't have anything (that I saw) on this model.

It's just a reference bookmark, not for your specific model information. I'm aware of that model not being present. You might contact Al and see if he would be interested in pictures of your model to help fill that empty slot.

Happy Listening!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • capecodder
    edited June 2006
    Options
    del44 wrote:
    Does it look like this? I mean, sort of.

Well sort of, but more buttons and more "beefy". I'll get some pics when I get a chance.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Cost me $7.00:rolleyes:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Check out Audiokarma.com Search on your model number their vintage Solid State forums.
    Carl