WTB: Directv Tivo R10

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited June 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Anyone? DTV TIVO R10 "Non-Leasing" unit? I refuse to buy R15, the so called POS DTV invention, my ol' Sony B55 is finally crapped out, after 6 years of misery....

Thanks.
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Ask them for the HD recorder. It is a non-leasing unit, and it has the Tivo built in. On their premier package you get the service free as well. I have two of them. I don't like their regular SD DVR either. It is a cumbersome piece of S, I have to open the manual every time I try and do something that I am so used to doing with the Tivo.
    If they changed, and only lease units now. You can get one on Ebay for about 400.00.

Scott
  • polkatese
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Scott, I have one R10 and one Hughes HD 10-250. I should have bought two R10 when it was still available last year, who knew. R15 is a nightmare, not to mention it is a "lease" now. I know we all going to lose Tivo, soon, once MPEG4 rollout is finalized. I am sure DTV will find a way to make these Tivo obsolete. But, I still love a Tivo better than a DTV DVR Minus.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Agree with you on the Tivo. From what I understand, (from calling DTV when I bought my second HD Tivo box) those of us that have the Hughes box will be grandfathered in after the "upgrade" of MPEG4. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2006
    Options
    As a new HD viewer I'm completely up in the air about the HR10-250 box....

Anything anyone could help me get off this fence one way or the other, please add.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• thehaens@cox.net
    edited June 2006
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    As a new HD viewer I'm completely up in the air about the HR10-250 box....

Anything anyone could help me get off this fence one way or the other, please add.

What are you looking for? This Hughes box does everything I need it to do. If you get it from DirecTV then they will replace it w/ another one when and if they are not usable anymore. I have only had good experiences w/ their customer service. When my Mitsubishi/Hughes HD box went to the grave, they shipped me out a new RCA HD box free of charge, and even sent out a installer.

Anyway, it is a good box, I have had to reboot twice in 2 years, and it locks up every 3 months or so. (I blame my wife for that one though, she has season passes for every single reality show)

Scott
  • polkatese
    edited June 2006
    Options
    (I blame my wife for that one though, she has season passes for every single reality show)

Scott

...and my wife still has NOT figure out what that funky looking box do, sitting on the shelf, and no disc-tray.

:)