Noise filter/ Surge Suppressor

Options
BOWLMAN
BOWLMAN Posts: 47
edited June 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Just purchased a Tripp-Lite HT10DBS Surge Suppressor.Somebody on this site suggested the purchase.Thanks,best $80.00 I have spent.Could not find who to give credit to..
I have real old 2 wire outlets in my home, and was not a believer in better power sources or power cables. I AM NOW...After hooking up my new surg suppressor the sound coming from my speakers is way better,the sound is deeper and fuller.It is truly amazing..
Now I am a believer in better house wiring and power cables.
I was going to upgrade my speakers (B&W 703s to B&W 803s) but not now! That is how much the sound was improved....

Thanks again
Post edited by BOWLMAN on

Comments

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here, but just an FYI...

I also live in a house where the majority of the wire is 2 wire outlets. And as I understand it if you only have a 2 wire outlet, with no ground wire, your Tripp-Lite is likely not protecting as well as it should, or not protecting at all. I believe the Tripp-Lite (or any surge protector) needs the ground wire to send the surges. So you may want to look into having that checked/fixed.

I know a lot of surge surpressors have a light on them that lights up when it is protected, it usually only shows up when there is a ground present.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited June 2006
    Options
    The Tripp-Lite (or any other similar protector) should perform as built.
    I don't believe that surges are actually sent to ground with these type of
    devices, so a grounding receptacle is not entirely necessary for the protector to function. I would still look into having all devices properly grounded, as harmful voltage can be present and you wouldn't know it until you got zapped! Just my .02 .
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/