MY SVS Has Landed!!!!!!

Options
Orange Peel
Orange Peel Posts: 53
edited October 2002 in Speakers
MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!! MY GOD!!!!!!!!

"There is only ONE Lord of the Subs!" ;)

I have NEVER heard nor FELT BASS like this before, I can't describe the TREMENDOUS POWER the 20-39 PC+ contains, the shear beauty of it, the absolute PERFECTION in a subwoofer. I am speachless, I can't stop smiling, I can't stop staring, I can't stop listening, I must be stopped!!!!

WHY OH WHY did I not order this a LONG time ago, for the on the fencers, THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE!!!! SVS!!!

I never knew the things existed in the movies as I hear now!!! I can't stop things from shaking, I have to try to stop the screen on my TV from shaking. I can feel things and not even hear them, and man do I FEEL them, moving my pants type of feel.

Oh yeah, the gain is LESS THAN HALF way up, probably about a little more than a 1/4 up!!!! It's totally unreal at 1/2 and more!!!!

This was THE best purchase I have made in a sub, WELL WELL WELL worth the wait!!! I still can't get over the power, the low low low end, the smoothness, the tightness....................

I can't imagine what dual Ultras must be like, can't imagine!!!!!!

I will post a more detailed review after some more movie demos, I have only gotten through the beginning parts of LOTR!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you to all of you for the support and help!!!!!!!!!!

drooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!

svs.jpg
systemsvs.jpg

http://scott.pfba.org/images/svs2.jpg
http://scott.pfba.org/images/svs3.jpg
http://scott.pfba.org/images/svsinbox.jpg
http://scott.pfba.org/images/svsinbox2.jpg

Enjoy :)
Scott Goldsmith

Home Theatre:
Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)
Klipsch RC-3 (Center)
Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)
SVS 20-39 PC Plus Subwoofer
Harman Kardon AVR-520
Mitsubishi WS-65869 Widescreen TV
Denon DVD 1600
Sony DVD DVP-S530D
Post edited by Orange Peel on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Congrats and I'll be looking for the review.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • tpeter
    tpeter Posts: 65
    edited October 2002
    Options
    OMG dude im getting excited, i just ordered the same Sub about 2 hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please leave some more post telling me how good it is
    Thanks.
    I have a PSW650 if anyone is interested
    Polk LSi 15
    Polk LSi/C
    Polk LSi/FX
    SVS Ultra
    SVS PB3000
    Monolith 15 THX
    Denon 3700h "switching to Onkyo rz50"
    Monolith 7 AMP.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    She is a beauty. Do have have a chose in colors? How do you have it hooked up (LFE)? What does SVS suggest? Just curious!
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Told Ya Orange Peel!

I FREAKIN' TOLD YA!!!!!!!!!!!

tpeter - just responded to one of your posts on HTF forum!

Not to brag, but I'm now famous - my personal review of the SVS 20-39PC+ is ON THE SVS WEBSITE!!!

How cool is that!?

Scott - black is it for color, and the plate amp has low level, high level and speaker level inputs with a disable switch for the crossover. SVS recommends LFE input with one sub cable to either low level channel and the crossover disabled.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • Orange Peel
    edited October 2002
    Options
    HBombToo - I'll be sure to post it!!!

tpeter - Dude, you have NO idea how badass this sub is, I had the PSW650 before, that sub doesn't come within 100 MILES of this thing, my god dude, you'll be blown away. It's well worth the wait!! I'll post more later about my reaction to other movies.

scottvamp - Like the Dr. said, only black in color. I have it hooked up via L/R in on the back of the sub via a MonsterBass 400 sub cable. I have it set at around 1/3 volume, and crossover at about 100 hz I would say. My HK has a adjustable X-over, but it's only 40hz or 60hz, so I have it at 60hz.

Dr - You did dude, you sure did, and man, you were right!!! That's pretty cool that you got on their site for the review, bitchin'. It was a great review, I will be referring back to it for sure! Man I love this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scott Goldsmith

Home Theatre:
    Klipsch RC-3 (Center)
    Harman Kardon AVR-520
    Denon DVD 1600
    Sony DVD DVP-S530D
  • tpeter
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Yo how long did you have to wait for the Sub, I am hoping to have mine this coming week, they said it should ship out on monday and i live in buffalo NY not far from them.

Im getting too excited dude, you need to come down, your getting me too anxious.
    Laterz
    Polk LSi 15
    Polk LSi/C
    Polk LSi/FX
    SVS Ultra
    SVS PB3000
    Monolith 15 THX
    Monolith 7 AMP.
  • Dr. Spec
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Orange Peel:

Run ONE sub cable to either the left or right low level input and DISABLE the crossover on the sub. Set your receiver volume at -5 or thereabouts and calibrate with test tones or DVD and SPL meter.

Doc

SVS
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Like the Dr. said, only black in color. I have it hooked up via L/R in on the back of the sub via a MonsterBass 400 sub cable.
    Orange Peel, the way you have set it up IME seems to be the best way. I was asking about color because in the other pics you have - I swear the color looks burgandy.:confused:
  • Orange Peel
    edited October 2002
    Options
    tpeter - I ordered during the summer sale, and because the woofer wasn't in total production, they had to do the first orders first, then when it got to mine it was done. I ordered it on 09-15-02 and recieved it today 10-04-02, so it was a few weeks. It should be no time for you :D

Dr - I have tried the single cable with the PSW650, and it really seemed to make the sub quieter, I will test it out with the SVS, but everyone seems to agree with the y adapter on the end.

Scott - I thought so too, but I can always experiement, everyone I know that has one of these has it setup like me, except for Doc ;) The camera flash made the color look burgandy, it's really black, sorry to confuse/get your hopes up sort of thing :)
    Scott Goldsmith

Home Theatre:
    Klipsch RC-3 (Center)
    Harman Kardon AVR-520
    Denon DVD 1600
    Sony DVD DVP-S530D
  • Dr. Spec
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Scott:

Adding a Y-splitter will double the pre-out signal strength. The same thing can be accomplished by doubling the sub volume at the receiver. There is no actual "sonic" benefit to running a Y splitter - the sub can't tell the difference - the plate amp simply senses an increase in input signal strength and it plays louder.

The only real valid reason to use a Y splitter would be if you were experiencing "auto-off" problems at low volumes. In this case, a Y splitter would help keep the sub plate amp turned on due to the higher signal strength as compared to one cable.

Just remember to keep your sub volume on the receiver at around -5 to -3; lowering it all the way (say to -10) will unnecessarily increase the S/N ratio of the pre-out signal, and maxing it (say to +10) will result in signal compression problems.

Then calibrate, calibrate, calibrate.

Doc

SVS
  • tpeter
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Yo how is that Sub going?
    Polk LSi 15
    Polk LSi/C
    Polk LSi/FX
    SVS Ultra
    SVS PB3000
    Monolith 15 THX
    Monolith 7 AMP.
  • Orange Peel
    edited October 2002
    Options
    tpeter - How's it going? Man, it's going REAL WELL! :D I have been tuning all my stuff with my SPL meter, and things are really starting to come together. This sub is SO DAMN POWERFUL! I hate having to turn it down because it over powers the rest of the system, I don't know how the people with Dual SVS Ultra's can do it, that must be Intense!!!!!

I bet you're dying over there waiting for yours huh? ;) I was in the same boat, and man, it's well worth it!!!!

You'll be feeling things you've never felt before, and everything will fun to watch again, and again, and again, and again :D:D
    Scott Goldsmith

Home Theatre:
    Klipsch RC-3 (Center)
    Harman Kardon AVR-520
    Denon DVD 1600
    Sony DVD DVP-S530D
  • tpeter
    edited October 2002
    Options
    LOl i just emailed them asking when they think they will ship it because i want to take off work or call in sick if i have to. Im waiting for a reply, im hoping they send it out today. My upstairs neighbor is going to be pissed when i get this sub, they just complained about the psw650 and if its like you said this SVS will really get them mad, lol.

Later.
    Keep me informed if you have any tuning tips.
    Polk LSi 15
    Polk LSi/C
    Polk LSi/FX
    SVS Ultra
    SVS PB3000
    Monolith 15 THX
    Monolith 7 AMP.