Anyone have Peter Pan SE??

Options
burdette
burdette Posts: 1,194
edited October 2002 in Music & Movies
Picked up the Special Edition of Peter Pan this weekend for my five year old, who was sick and down with a fever.

I've noticed that in some scenes, some of the skin tones have a definite green tint... I'd wonder if it was my TV or something else, but it isn't the entire scene. For example, everything in the scene might look fine except Wendy's foot looks sort of green. In other scenes, the entire human might look a little green for sec.

Also.. wow.. you want to talk about a blast from the past concerning political correctness! I tend to shun PC **** for the most part, but I can see this thing *definitely* being offensive to native americans (ignorant, yet cunning; savage) and women. And despite all the talk of "thin women" being a modern thing, this movie was made in 1953 and there is a scene where Tinkerbell sees herself in a mirror and flips out at the size of her hips! She's a dang pixie who can fly wearing the world's miniest mini, and she is still concerned about her weight/size.
Post edited by burdette on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2002
    Options
    burdette-

I haven't seen it yet, so can't comment on the green tintage.
    Wondering if this film is just a re-release on dvd?
    I think they are coming out with a (up-dated) version, never neverland or something.

definite pan fan,

-Luc
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Peter Pan II, Return to Neverland, is already out. My 5-year old likes it - we saw it in the theater but don't have the DVD. Not a bad story, as these types go. DEFINITE difference i.e. the 'political correctness' aspect, between the two Pans.

After seeing PPII in the theater, my 2year old was calling everyone "you old codfish" for a couple of weeks... took us a day or two to figure out what he was saying. Pretty funny.
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I have PPSE and have not seen the green tint. I also have a one-year-old and can't wait for his vocabulary to increase. Kids are fun. We are expecting again in May. Should I set up a polk theater system in the nursery?
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2002
    Options
    i have peter pan and peter pan return to never land they both are good but i am a big disney fan