Monsters Inc. SERIOUS LFE!

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited October 2002 in Music & Movies
I just watched Monsters Inc. last night and there are a couple of scenes where the bass extension rivals ANY movie I have seen. It suprised me. If you haven't seen Monsters yet and you want to give your sub a workout this is the one. Pay attention to the scenes with the little girl laughing and the sock explosion (I can see Micah with tears in his eyes!). This is the first time my sub has bottomed out and I was playing at very moderate levels.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2002
    Most agreed shack. I did not bottom out but Damn what Bass! Plus it was a Great film for adults and kids alike...
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited September 2002
    It really shook the room even when I had my receiver in night mode!!
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2002
    It's chapter 13, I think. First, Boo cries. Then, Boo laughs. What it does to your sound system is incredible. I thought for sure my neighbors would be banging on my theater window!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • tpeter
    tpeter Posts: 65
    edited September 2002
    I just tried out chapter 13, Are you guys talking about when it gets real low and they say "what was that" "I dont know but i hope it doesnt happen again" It hit real hard and low then. When she is crying before that though it seems like its so low i wasnt picking it up.
    Polk LSi 15
    Polk LSi/C
    Polk LSi/FX
    SVS Ultra
    SVS PB3000
    Monolith 15 THX
    Denon 3700h "switching to Onkyo rz50"
    Monolith 7 AMP.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2002
    When she is crying before that though it seems like its so low i wasnt picking it up.
    IF you sub is loud enough and hits low enough those freq. down yunder will not be heard but you will sure in the hell fill'em. But that is what a great sub is all about. :D
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2002
    I watched it with the my kids, it really brought the rta 15's to life. Wish I had a good sub to go along with them.........:D
    Does the dvd have the bird short at the beginning? nobody has said anything about it, I thought it was a riot to watch, the kids and I loao.............:lol:
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • scottvamp
    edited September 2002
    IF you watched it with your kids?:confused:
    Yes, I believe it is on the second disc along with a new short called my new car. They were both pretty funny. :lol:
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2002
    bird goes in middle, bird let goes...OHHHHH homerun, he knocked the feathers off of em...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • hotwheelman
    edited September 2002
    Sorry about the extra (the) in the last post, and yes I did watch it with my wife and my three boys ages 10,8,2.
  • scottvamp
    edited September 2002
    WoW! RRRReeeeeemmmmm! Was not commenting on the fact that you are able or not to produce offspring. If u already seem it at home then u would know if the bird short was on it. Just confused me - that's all.;)
  • hotwheelman
    edited September 2002
    o.k. Sorry about that, I was alittle confused myself............well now that I think about it I stay confused guess thats just the way it goes when you have a house full of boys raising cane..........:lol:
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited October 2002
    Monsters INC is a fun film. I got a copy in China and liked it. Ice age is great too. It is too bad that these DVD's are code protected. 20 yuen is way cheeper than $20 us.