My $50 paid of SDAs.

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited June 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
I'm sure you guys remember me ranting about some SDA2B's I scored on eBay. Well after some serious rearranging of my room and a call to Musical Fidelity to make sure my amp was common ground, everything is setup. Here are some pictures. I have a **** camera, but I tried my best.
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Looks great!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2006
    Options
    2b's are VERY under rated. Excellent BIG sound. I haven't parted with mine....
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Rock on.

The 2b's are my 2nd favorite SDA.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2006
    Options
    very cool.. what do you think so far? had you heard any SDA's before you got yours? Good price btw too.

enjoy!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Nice setup brother!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Congrats on your new speakers Airplay! The SDA-2 series is a great speaker. For the price you paid that's one hell of a sound! They look like they have the SL2000 tweeters. You like those speakers even better with the RD-0194. I'm sure you've read a lot about that upgrade here. Did you get the SDA interconnect with them? Congrats and good luck!:)
    Carl

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Yup, I think the 2B is probably the most overlooked/underrated in the line. I prefer them to the 1C's.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    edited May 2006
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    2b's are VERY under rated. Excellenent BIG sound. I haven't parted with mine....
    Nice grab on the 2b's
    ATNY,jersey boy's don't give up nuttin!!:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited May 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Rock on.

The 2b's are my 2nd favorite SDA.
    +1

Very cool! Enjoy!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    edited May 2006
    Options
    The 2B's are the first SDA's that I owned, enjoy!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Airplay355
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I didn't get the cable with them, but someone (I forget who) said I could use a regular RCA cable because the blade part was just for stabilizing. So far it seems to be working, though I guess I wouldn't really know if it was working completely. The SDA driver is moving now though, before it was just slightly moving from the cabinet pressure.

They are the first pair of SDA's I've heard. I heard a pair in a stereo shop (2b's)but that was without the interconnect cable. The drivers are spotless. I was so surprised to find no rust, and completely tacky drivers on a pair of eBay speakers. Apparently the guy I bought them from buys up auctioned stuff from storage facilities. People just leave stuff like this in storage and then it gets auctioned off. I'd imagine they haven't gotten much use.

They sound great. At first I thought I liked my lsi's better but I think I've changed my mind. It's hard to tell though. The SDA's put out alot more bass so I have to try to ignore that fact when deciding which speaker I like more. Oh well, the SDA's are definitely keepers. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I have to completely rearrange my room for them. Anything in the name of audio :)
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Airplay355 wrote:
    Oh well, the SDA's are definitely keepers. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I have to completely rearrange my room for them. Anything in the name of audio :)

Hell, when I was looking at houses, a house with decent living room was a main requirement, nevermind rearranging a room! :p I got pretty lucky in this regard. As my bass goes below about 60hz, I get a slight 4-6dB rise down to 25hz, my SVS cutoff. :D

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Looks great. Love the signs on the wall as well ;)
  • Airplay355
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I have a shitload of road signs. I was lucky I could hold myself back and only hang up two. As I've been getting older I'm thinking it's not as great as it used to be. Oh well, for now it's a nice bachelor pad :)
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Nice grab on the 2B's! They look very nice. The SDA 2 series has always been highly under rated in my opinion. I have a pair of 2A's that I bought new and plan to keep for a long time.

Those road signs, if authentic, can get you in a lot of trouble!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2006
    Options
    As you get older (and get a mortgage), those signs move to the garage and become cool again. (along with the license plates, hubcabs, racing banners, etc hung on the wall with them)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,125
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Ive never stolen a road sign...

And even if I wanted to.. I wouldnt need to.

My friends, and my sisters friends leave signs and cones at my house several times a year...

Nice find on the 2bs...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Airplay355
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I got them from a guy at the highway department. No stealing of signs for me. lsi's are still for sale by the way :) (shameless plug)
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Congrats Airplay. They look very clean. Glad to hear you're enjoying them. Is this your first time getting tripped out by SDA? I'm sure your MF sound great with them. Great set up btw.
  • Airplay355
    edited June 2006
    Options
    Yup I was an SDA virgin until I got these. They do sound really nice. I don't really hear things from the other side of the room, but they still sound nice lol