Superbit DVDs

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited October 2001 in Music & Movies
I'm noticing these type of DVDs being released. Any of the techie guys at Polk or anyone on the forum familiar with these?

Looks like a high bit rate (audio and video) transfer, but i'm not sure if it's anything beyond that.

Has anyone done a comparison with a normal transfer DVD vs a Superbit transfer DVD?

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    Here's a link to The Digitil Bits which might put some light on the matter.

From what it sounds like, the superbits have higher bit rate for the video and a much higher bit rate for the dts track and no extras. Perfect, which they would do all the dvds this way.

Tommorow I plan on picking up 5th Elememt and CTHD. We shall see, and hear.

Peace Out~:D

SuperBits
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2001
    I have read the reviews on side by side comparision of the these super bit transfers and the pros say that there is very little difference in the audio and video quality. The one I read was on the fifth element and the original was already reference quality. They may improve on some movies though. LATER:)
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Plus the DTS track are included (in addition to the DD track)on all of the re-released movies on Superbit. On some of the movies, this track was not available before (i.e.. The 5th element, Desperado). However, the package looks very cool...
    I've just bought the Godfather's DVD collection today ($60), I am looking forward to watch all of the cool extra bonuses(disc 4) tonight...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    Plus the DTS track are included (in addition to the DD track)

Now I'm bummed. I was hoping for a full or close to full bit rate dts track and no dd. Might have to re-think the re-purchase of these titles today.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.