Comments

• Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Duck!!!!!!!
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • lites
    lites Posts: 31
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Ya mean don't even think about it? And wait til I can afford LSi9's?
  • lites
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I just passed on em, for $80. Oh well. It's more the journey ...
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I mean post in one post and quit fishing. Lot of help here if you would quit bouncing around. State what you are looking for and how it will be used. 2 channel ,HT or what. Budget, etc. If you get a good deal on vintage Polks, remember they don't make em any more.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • lites
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Thank you - both for paying attention AND for getting mine. I admit I'm jumping around some. But in order to be ALLOWED to post anything in F/S forum (like: WANTED - LSi-9's), it is required that 25 posts be tallied. Besides, it's not like I'm just spouting total BS. Anyway, in response to your kind questions: I seek bookshelf size for a small office/bedroom setting. I'll drop close to $500 on whatever I end up with, and precision/clarity with a shot at soundstage are important to me. I have Sima (Sim Audio) amps and pre, Camelot Morganna CDP, Kimber SilverStreak IC's w/ WBT 0110Cu rca's, and some Xindak speaker cables are on their way. What say you? Thank you!! EDIT: P.S. - It's for 2-channel, oldschool.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Just curious.... why are you looking at Monitor 5's if you have gear of that caliber? They're in two totally different classes. Don't get me wrong, they're decent speakers, but with electronics like that you should be looking to match them with speakers a little more worthy of running off what you have now. I mean just the cdp alone has a msrp of 1400 us. It just seems a little odd.

I'm guessing they would have been for a different system?
  • lites
    edited May 2006
    Options
    michael_w wrote:
    Just curious.... why are you looking at Monitor 5's if you have gear of that caliber? They're in two totally different classes. Don't get me wrong, they're decent speakers, but with electronics like that you should be looking to match them with speakers a little more worthy of running off what you have now. I mean just the cdp alone has a msrp of 1400 us. It just seems a little odd.

I'm guessing they would have been for a different system?
    Thanks. Here's my deal: I'm coming down off of Magneplanar MGIIa's with this above package, as I've lost my listening room due to relocation (Ca to Az). I've tried (and still am ) the quality headphone route, but MY Sima's ARE STILL IN Ca, so I use a lesser h'phone amp (lesser than the class A one inside the Sima P-3001 preamp).
    I am currently putting energy into reuniting w/ my Sima's, so I can perhaps maximize my 'phones/cans game. As I've recently put my mad$$ into 'cans' - Sennheiser 650 and AKG 701, I'm a bit tapped, financially. Besides, the cans route has been my focus of late.
    Anyway, since my private listening has been somewhat frustrating, and I have next-to-no room/space, I'd like to go small and moderately priced now w/ adding some speakers.I consider getting "just anything" for next-to-nothing (like M5's), so I can wait for a shot at LSi9's (good reviews), which I think might work, and even may match, somewhat nicely. It's all a pipedream, and I haven't auditioned ANY speaker, and NOW (tonite) I find SDA's are all the rage around here. So the game/hunt/journey/conversation continues. Not an awful problem to be faced with.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you. Enjoy.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,836
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Since you have limited space, the LSi 9's or the SDA CRS+'s would likely fit the bill.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk